Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is interesting that the recurve record is farther. I'm trying to think of why/how that would be in the my head, but can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps (just my theory, but most likely WAY off) but with a compound set at 200# you would need one hell of a stiff (heavy) arrow, so although it may leave the bow really haulin ass, it will lose speed very quickly downrange, and altitude, but if you could shoot a lighter arrow with the recurve, albeit a mega-heavy recurve, you may be able to outlast the compound's arrow simply by having less weight and the arrow not losing altitude as fast. If that makes sense to anyone, my work's done here!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
That is interesting that the recurve record is farther. I'm trying to think of why/how that would be in the my head, but can't seem to figure it out. Perhaps (just my theory, but most likely WAY off) but with a compound set at 200# you would need one hell of a stiff (heavy) arrow, so although it may leave the bow really haulin ass, it will lose speed very quickly downrange, and altitude, but if you could shoot a lighter arrow with the recurve, albeit a mega-heavy recurve, you may be able to outlast the compound's arrow simply by having less weight and the arrow not losing altitude as fast. If that makes sense to anyone, my work's done here!
Your theory, although pretty logical sounding is... Backasswards

put simply, a heavy arrow will shed speed(ke) slower than that of a lighter arrow.

Tho I can't explain y the recurve is further, I think it probably ha something to do with letoff or something. A recurve has no wheel etc obviously, but I still cannot think o why.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Interesting....the recurve record is , longer than the compound.
Yea, they built one 3 storys tall!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any real answers on the distance issue but I do remember back in the seventies seeing a picture of Harry Drake shooting his recurve sitting down using his feet to hold the bow as he attemped to set the world distance record at the time....
Old 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not shot a Strothers bow yet but I am looking forward to it. As of now I have my Tribute and a GT500, the man knows how to design bows, thats for sure.

Shane