Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date >

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Don:

Maybe you should word it "gain from, financially". I suppose a BT staffer could choose to sell all the bows he's allowed to purchase at below cost pricing (and the ones given to him for free)......for no profit. (In all fairness....they aren't totally "free". They (BT) get their money's worth via the information highway AND the advertising on the forums. But ,I'd venture a guess that isn't how most do it. And I KNOW that's not how some do it.

I don't begrudge them this. I don't discount it, either.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Don:

Maybe you should word it "gain from, financially". I suppose a BT staffer could choose to sell all the bows he's allowed to purchase at below cost pricing (and the ones given to him for free)......for no profit. (In all fairness....they aren't totally "free". They (BT) get their money's worth via the information highway AND the advertising on the forums. But ,I'd venture a guess that isn't how most do it. And I KNOW that's not how some do it.

I don't begrudge them this. I don't discount it, either.
Jeff, As hard as it is for You to believe anyone would do something where there was No financial gain. Believe it! I spent over $3000 last year in Gas and Lost time to work shows. I asked for No reimbursement. My Choice? Sure!! If I was trying to gain financially I would think I'd turn in mileage.

We are allowed to. I support BowTech for one reason and one reason only. I believe in them and their products.

Some of your posts about this gives me a Good Laugh! Keep it up!

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey, I said I don't begrudge you what you get from Bowtech for free (and otherwise). And, what you choose to expense or not expense is between you and your wife.

I'm not sure what's so funny....unless I said something that wasn't 100% correct (in which I'll humbly recant). Let me know if there's anything I mis-stated.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Hey, I said I don't begrudge you what you get from Bowtech for free (and otherwise). And, what you choose to expense or not expense is between you and your wife.
Right!! I Pay for what I get. Not Free! The Bow that I shoot now is what I choose to shoot. Always has and always will be.

Thought I'd keep it short so you can read and Comprehend at the same time.

Dan
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
Kevin Strothers, had he not left Bowtech,
In keeping facts straight, he was fired, not left...

Carry on.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Like I said, Dan....if I stated something untrue....please point out which portion that is......and I'll recant.

We're arguing semantics. Or, you're wording your repsonses to fit your agenda.

I suppose we could have said.....you get bows from Bowtech that you are not invoiced for. And, you're allowed to purchase even more bows at prices lower than dealer cost. If you choose to resale those bows for no gain.....my bet is you're in the minority. And, I know you'd be the only one I know who does so.

Again.....I don't begrudge you that......nor do I discount it.

And....if you'd never posted in another mfr's thread, the subject likely wouldn't have come up. You're certainly free to do as you've done. But, you kinda open the door when you do so.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hardcorehunter
Hey Dan, when did you quit selling Bowtechs and are you not a corporate advisory Bowtech staff guy anymore?
Perhaps this question was overlooked accidentally.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Location: From WA, lived in NC, MO, KS, NY, GA, and retired in the "Show Me"

Well I for one own SEVERAL Bowtechs and am still buying a Strother SR-71........
I won't say it is an awesome bow cause I never held one but, Kevin has never made a Lemon so, I am thinking I am pretty safe on liking it.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mdewitt71
Well I for one own SEVERAL Bowtechs and am still buying a Strother SR-71........
I won't say it is an awesome bow cause I never held one but, Kevin has never made a Lemon so, I am thinking I am pretty safe on liking it.
I have yet to shoot a New Breed Genetix, but I know I would like one of these without question too. Everything I read from archers that have bought or shot these is "Wow." Same opinion with you evidentially, as I see one in your sig.

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 01-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don, I Never was a BowTech Dealer. Shows How much you don't know. If there was ever any doubt.

Jeff, Bottom line is I don't Turn in any mileage and I am allowed to do that. I have also paid for meals that could be turned in as expenses. Does that sound like someone that is in something for the Financial gain, but yet I'm turning down $$.

I am Sure you would Never be into anything without a Financial gain no more than you would want a friend that brings nothing to the Table. Your words Not mine.

Like I've said thousands of times I shoot and support what I believe in. I don't need, want, or even expect a financial gain. That's upsurd!!

You know how many Bows I have Given away to youth? Nothing beats the excitement from someone wanting to get started in Archery when you hand them over a Bow and offer to teach them how to shoot.

That's My Gain!! I Love it!! Sorry you can't understand that

Really makes me No difference! You can try to discredit me or my opinion all you want to. It does Not change the facts of who I am or what I am about. I feel Sorry for you in many ways!! and I really don't mind you following me around like a little Lost puppy.

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.