Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond Bows

Old 12-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Spike

Default Diamond Bows

What's your personal preference between Iceman, Marquee and Black Ice? Thanks
Old 12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

It would be hard to chose between the Iceman and the Black Ice for me. To me it depends on what You prefer. Iceman is a tad faster, and little quieter, with less recoil.

The Black Ice has a very Smooth draw, and differences noted above are slight. Shoot them, then go shoot them some more!

One will eventually call your name out.

Dan
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

I have shot the Iceman and Black Ice about a million times, My personal opinion is that I prefer the Iceman.. I just like how it feels to me.. My dad on the other hand owns the Black Ice and he picked it over the Iceman, so I guess it all depends on your preference.. I only shot the Marquee a few times and knew I didn't like it right away.. I'm actually in the market to get a new bow real soon and have it narrowed down to the Diamond Iceman, Bowtech Admiral, Bowtech Destroyer, and the Mathews Z7... All are great bows!! I've been a die-hard bowtech/diamond shooter but the Z7 was sweet to shoot... Its the only Mathews that I can honestly say I actually could consider gettting..
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by diamondrack
I have shot the Iceman and Black Ice about a million times, My personal opinion is that I prefer the Iceman.. I just like how it feels to me.. My dad on the other hand owns the Black Ice and he picked it over the Iceman, so I guess it all depends on your preference.. I only shot the Marquee a few times and knew I didn't like it right away.. I'm actually in the market to get a new bow real soon and have it narrowed down to the Diamond Iceman, Bowtech Admiral, Bowtech Destroyer, and the Mathews Z7... All are great bows!! I've been a die-hard bowtech/diamond shooter but the Z7 was sweet to shoot... Its the only Mathews that I can honestly say I actually could consider gettting..
Just curious, have you shot the Destroyer?

Dan
Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

Black Ice is my favorite out of the three. Especially for the price.
I prefer the stud over the black ice though, thats just because its the one i own.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Spike

kyhunter93,

What do you see as the pro's and cons of the Stud?
Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Elton Savell
What's your personal preference between Iceman, Marquee and Black Ice? Thanks
I bought a Black Ice in 07 and won't ever get rid of it. It has an awesome draw and is very accurate. My stepson is starting to shoot this year and he is using it now (it will be mine again when I get him a new bow). Since he is using my Black Ice I just picked up a Marquis off of AT for a good price (since I already have a Black Ice). When I gat my BI back the Marquis will probably be my target bow. I just never got comfy shooting the Iceman. I spent alot of time last year shooting it and it wasn't for me. You can't go wrong with any of them as Dan said shoot them a bunch. One of them will stand out to you. Good luck and have fun.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Spike

Give the stud a look at. I bought my bow this year and shot all the diamond bows and the stud "just felt right" shooting so that's what I went with. The best thing to do is go shoot them and get whatever feels the best to you.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with Mike L. But the most appealing thing was the price; the bow was $679.99 with everything. I bought some Red Head Carbon Fury's and it shoots like a dream. When I shot the Stud, it fit me. The Black Ice, does however have a somewhat smoother draw, but the stud is just the bow for me. In all reality, you should go shoot ALL the bows in your price range. I all of the bows in the Diamond line-up, I shot a few bears and even the Mathews Z7 which is insanely nice, but it just didn't fit in my hand right. But no doubt, give the stud a good look.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

I chose the Marquis over Black Ice....but the Iceman was not out yet when I bought my bow. I love the Marquis and have not been disappointed with anything yet. I think they dropped the Marquis from the line up though.