Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People) >

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baboon Headshot - have to see !! (not for Sensitive People)

Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default US

Originally Posted by ricwild
So.... What is the point, Do they eat Baboons?

We shoot predators and crows and lots of game we dont eat. Many hunt and dont eat the meat.
DB
Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed DB,

There is a time and a place for everything. Occassionally it's called "wildlife management" and other times it's called "hunting". In all cases it needs to be done professionally and with the utmost care.
Old 12-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Baboon Kill

WHY? How does it taste?

Originally Posted by marvelafrica
Hi Guys, i just had to share this video clip with the bow hunting world.

a closeup bow Head shot on a Baboon

It seems this is not for Sensitive viewers, so if you are sensitive please do not watch it..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JatqTDYEkAk

Love it... what do you think...
Old 12-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OklaBowhunter
We shoot predators and crows and lots of game we dont eat. Many hunt and dont eat the meat.
DB

Except I won't pay $2,000 to kill a coyote.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Uhm, that voice made that very disturbing.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Cleanest kill one could ever wish for.

The fact that that baboon had jumped the string in the past is an argument against the head shot.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Spike

I'm kind of speechless, Growing up as kid hunting I was always taught to take a vital shot because it's the ethical thing to do as a hunter. I don't hold anything against you for posting it up but the guy that took the shot has no hunting ethics at all. All animals that get hunted deserve some respect with a kill shot. Anyway, good luck with what ever it is you guy's do over there.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mike L
I'm kind of speechless, Growing up as kid hunting I was always taught to take a vital shot because it's the ethical thing to do as a hunter. I don't hold anything against you for posting it up but the guy that took the shot has no hunting ethics at all. All animals that get hunted deserve some respect with a kill shot. Anyway, good luck with what ever it is you guy's do over there.
Agreed! I have Hunted my entire life, but we need to represent ourselves better than this.

I would hope Hunters that actually condone something like this are few and far between.

Dan
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Spike

Some Good news, we have removed the clip from youtube,
i will within this week upload more appropriate video clips and if you
don't mind ask for your input again, i have found lessons learned on this forum
very helpful and would love to learn more from you guys.

Even if you make me feel like Crap...

I want to apologize again for my stupid actions.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mike L
Did you watch the clip? It was definitely a kill shot. So what is so unethical about it?

Just because you or me aren't an accurate enough shot to be certain we could make a clean kill DOES NOT mean the hunter in this clip doesn't have the ability.

It was a one shot kill. What is everyone freaking out about? I've seen deer run long distances with shots in the lungs, heart, liver, etc. I've never seen anything run with it's brains blown out! I think the argument could be made that a head shot is the most lethal shot placement. I do understand it has a small margin of error, but that doesn't make it unethical if you have the ability to hit within that margin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.