Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-05-2003, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Looking for quiet & waterproof camo.

Check out the Cabela' s Revolution Fleece.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:41 PM

Check out the Cabela' s MT050 series. I' ve had the " Whitetail Extreme" parka for the past 2 years during rifle season. It' s Gore-tex, really quiet, and they a sell a scent lock version. I live on the east coast and since it' s rained every day during Turkey season, (actually it seems like its rained every day since March) I just bought the uninsulated MT050 Gore-tex Jacket and and pants. I haven' t used it yet, but it' s the same stuff as my " Whitetail Extreme" , so I' m sure they will be great. Go to Cabelas.com and do a search on product number QP-930645.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:53 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I second the cabelas MT050. I have had mine for 5 years and I love the stuff. It has been from Africa to Alaska and never leaked and not worn out or faded. It is well worth the money IMO. I use mine all the time as regular camo, then I don' t have to switch if it starts raining. If there is better stuff out there you would be hard pressed to find it.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I second the Cabelas Revolution Fleece with Dry Plus garments. The Dry Plus membrane is essentially the same as Gore tex but the garments are usually priced a bit less expensive. The Revolution Fleece is defintely quite, durable and colorfast.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have Cabelas Saddle cloth with the Dry plus. It is quiet, and waterproof, but IMO the gore tex prod' s I' ve had in the past are better. When I hunt in the real cold...the dry plus membrane get' s noisy (i think it must freeze to an extent). Don' t ask me how or why. ??? Other than the few times this has happened, I have no complaints.

psuross....I hear ya on the rain. Sure is getting old. I don' t think my place will dry up for another month.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:54 PM

Actually it' s 89 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes and 56 seconds til bow season in NJ!
I' m looking for a good rain suit also! Although all th rain I' ve seen this year leads me to believe it will be a dry hunting season!
I can' t wait I have Swamps to hunt! heh, heh, heh!!!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Dry Plus membrane is essentially the same as Gore tex but the garments are usually priced a bit less expensive.
How so? I always thought that the dry plus was a treatment to the garment. Don' t know much about it though. Is Dry Plus an actual material used as a liner like Gox-Tex?
Old 06-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

bump
Old 06-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob...to answer your q, yes it is similar to gore tex....and as far as being waterproof...it works great.