Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My $70 3D Leafy Heater Body Suit >

My $70 3D Leafy Heater Body Suit

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My $70 3D Leafy Heater Body Suit

Old 12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

Default My $70 3D Leafy Heater Body Suit

With the cold weather, I thought I would share. $70 is what it would have cost, had I not already had all of this in my possession. A buddy gave me the Military sleeping bag for free, and I already had some of the HS Real Tree leafy camo and camo suspenders in my bow shop. I sewed 2 inside buttons and cords so that I could quietly and quickly get ready to shoot. It is WARM(rated for extreme cold) . The bag is windproof and water repellent and made out of down/poly filling. I take my boots off once in the stand, place my sock feet(size 13) and it isn't a big deal to stand and turn on a Lone Wolf Alpha platform to get a shot off, even though there are no legs sewn in it. These bags are available at many military surplus stores, and the material is quiet, which is a must for a bow hunter.

I like the fact that I look more like a huge squirrel nest then what a standard HB suit offers. Whatever floats your boat. The price is right For reference; I am 6'3" and 200lbs

Last edited by hardcorehunter; 12-09-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Spike

looks good ihave been thinking about one of those hb suits
your idea will work just as well.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 olive drab military bags from many years ago & I just told the Daughter they work great for late season Bowhunting & staying warm. I have used them in the past without putting camo on them & they work great. We have Double Ladder stands so it's no problem at all since there is plenty of room...

Actually, someone should market a suit similar for hunting-I'm sure they would sell enough to make it worth while.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was just talking with TJ about these last night. Interesting stuff there Don.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Banned

Keeps me warm Steve. I can't kill anything sitting in my easy chair cause it's too cold out.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Spike

I was wondering ....I have a regular lone wolf sit and climb do you think that it would be to bulky ....seat not wide enough? thanks and that looks awesome
Old 12-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Any issues wit the mummy-style bag?? I like having a "Larry Craig" top wide stance when I am in my tree stands. For stability purposes, not picking up a date in the next tree!!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

I have already decided to really go all out, and have sewn super strong magnets in, ripped out all zippers, sewn in legs that are totally open and buckled/cinched to close them, so there is a no hassle entry for boots/feet. I bought some brand new Irish Setter 2000 gr snow claw hunting boots a few weeks ago and they are simply amazing. $159 at Scheels and warm is an understatement. These are not a sorel type pac boot, but look like a typical Danner or Rocky boot. Not to mention, I have a pair of Ice Breaker boot blankets, so I decided to make this suit where your actual boots are exposed or in an Ice Breaker booty if I so wish too. This suit has a lot of man hours in it, as I have no sewing machine. Splitting the bag up the middle to the crotch was a tedious process, especially trying to keep fluffy down from getting all over my townhome. This is by far the sweetest warm hunting suit I have ever seen. Magnets are must imo. I love my new setup, and I will post pics once I get all of my sewing done.