Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
30+ cull bucks taken. >

30+ cull bucks taken.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

30+ cull bucks taken.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Settle down folks!! 10 of these bucks/deer didn't have tags on them yet but the hunters had the tags. Citation's were giving out for untagged deer, nothing more as far as I know. These same hunters have been managing this Island for a while and their doing a good job with It by the looks of It. There's other photo's too of previous harvest's from other years of some great bucks. You think the Game Wardens and the hunters would be posing together smiling If there was other stuff going on with this hunt? I think not.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Spike

That's what I call success! Cull or no Cull! If they were taken legally, great. If they weren't then it appears that the proper authorities are there to write them up. This almost has to be a product of "herd managment" to see that many mature bucks, with those body sizes... ease up guy's, especially with out the facts...Go Michigan!
Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

there are 20 bucks and 9 hunters in the picture. in MI you can shoot 2 bucks per person. i can see the foot of at least one more person outside of frame. so just with this picture i would say nothing is wrong and i agree with schultzy that they were probably just not tagged yet.. a fine only offense.

this looks insane but looks to be within the confines of the laws of michigan.

although i know of guys that do shoot much more than there share of bucks (2) per season. it is widely rampant in Michigan
Old 12-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Something just looks funny about the pic. As mentioned already there is no blood and everyone is happy. I don't care if it is a fine only offense, I'd be peeved to get it.

The background of the deer on the pole kinda has an outline with the hunters. I'm not sure but it just seems fishy to me. Might be totally legit though.

Anyhow, these seems a bit excessive, for any tract of land, high fenced, island or other.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Typical Buck

Here's the pictures and the description I got in an email...

Pictures from a DNR raid on St. Martin's Island off of the U.P. on Nov. 19th, 2009.

31 Bucks and 9 Does on the pole, nothing smaller than a 7. Approx. 10 deer, antlers, and heads found around the camp. Also, a smaller mix of bucks and does...

10 deer without tags, another 10 with wives/girlfriends tags.

Think the fines will be a little high???

Obviously not a Wisconsin deer camp!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

all i said basically is i see 36 at least!!!nice job on fillin the freezer...the un-tagged and the ones using the gf/wifey tags i do not agree with btw, they shouldd have ta drag there azzez out there and get them their selves!!