Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting? >

Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Rest, Sight, Arrows for Hunting?

Old 12-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Talking

Originally Posted by Vinny_HC
Ok, locally I can get the QAD Ultra rest for $200, the Trophy Taker FC for $200, or the full containment RipCord for $90. Is the RipCord any good?
I love my ripcord very good rest,and good costomer service from manufacturer,I needed to replace the cord on mine do to moving to new bow called them to order a new cord and was sent a complete cord replacement kit and new spring for FREE!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, locally I can get the QAD Ultra rest for $200, the Trophy Taker FC for $200, or the full containment RipCord for $90. Is the RipCord any good?
HOLY COW..... $200 !!! Can't you just order one online for only $125 American ?!?
Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You'll like the Qad pro rest hd. Its a full containment system meaning you don't have to worry about the arrow falling off, and then when you shoot its out of the way. Look into the viper lineup of sights, quality product there, and I don't know a lot about arrows just ask someone at your local proshop, and I'd go with blazer vanes but that's just me. Take it into consideration but I highly reccommend the qad rest.

Ryan.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The QAD is the way to go, but that is way to high. MSRP is 139.00
Old 12-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

You can get the quad ultra pro at gander mountian for $104 I've seen them on ebay for less than that!
Old 12-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

was at the local shop yesterday and discovered some interesting things about todays gear vs the new modern bows. i was told that some "drop away "rests are not good for some of the new speed bows like the monster and bowtech destoryer and hoyt speed bows that shoot over 330fps due to the inability for the rest to "drop" fast enough to keep up with the arrow. in all reality it made sense to me.. and i witnessed first hand. used the trophy ridge on a demo monster sprayed the arrows with a powered and shot.. and low and behold.. the best was indeed not dropping fast enough and there was a clear mark on the sight that the back end of vthe shaft and fletching were hitting before the rest would fall completely. and as for 5 year old carbon arrows.. i would set those aside and buy new. the longevity of carbon arrows can be argued.. but i found after 2 seasons they would crack or show major signs of wear.. just some food for thought for you when looking at rests and arrows.. the only rest we found at the shop able to keep up with the destroyer and monster was the down force from mathews and the trophy taker. prolly some others out there that can, but they recommened a prong style rest.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nwtrykon87
was at the local shop yesterday and discovered some interesting things about todays gear vs the new modern bows. i was told that some "drop away "rests are not good for some of the new speed bows like the monster and bowtech destoryer and hoyt speed bows that shoot over 330fps due to the inability for the rest to "drop" fast enough to keep up with the arrow. in all reality it made sense to me.. and i witnessed first hand. used the trophy ridge on a demo monster sprayed the arrows with a powered and shot.. and low and behold.. the best was indeed not dropping fast enough and there was a clear mark on the sight that the back end of vthe shaft and fletching were hitting before the rest would fall completely. and as for 5 year old carbon arrows.. i would set those aside and buy new. the longevity of carbon arrows can be argued.. but i found after 2 seasons they would crack or show major signs of wear.. just some food for thought for you when looking at rests and arrows.. the only rest we found at the shop able to keep up with the destroyer and monster was the down force from mathews and the trophy taker. prolly some others out there that can, but they recommened a prong style rest.
Thats why you go with a limbdriver, it never fails to get out of the way no matter how fast a bow is.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Is Limb Driver practical for hunting though with the long extra cable? I like the idea behind limb driver, but I want the best hunting rest I can find I guess. Does the new rubber holder on the rest hold the arrow securly in place or just prevent side-to-side movement until you draw? Finally I am not worried about getting hung up as I am damaging the limb driver cable while and not being able to shoot.

I see the Ripcord is launching its 2010 rests in 2 days and it has a lock-down mechanism similar to the Qad pro.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you set on a drop away? I use the Mathews one, but many guys use the whisker biscuit. Its simple and will hold your arrow in any situation.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

I guess there is also that Tri Van whisker bicuit, drop away hybrid shown here

However I never heard many good things about regular whisker biscuits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.