Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Oklahoma 10 pt down! >

Oklahoma 10 pt down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oklahoma 10 pt down!

Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Oklahoma 10 pt down!

I have finally connected on a nice 10 pt. My buddy and I go every year to a little town in SE Oklahoma on the first weekend of december for a cookout. My family puts on a big cookout for all of the local farmers in the area and some of their old hunting buddies (most don't hunt any more). Well it is kind of a long tradition but was kind of starting to die out and my buddy and I have started going to make them keep it going. Anyway we took off work Friday so that we could leave out after work on Thursday. We got down there around 4:30 which is about an hour or so before dark. On the way to my stand I pushed out about 20 does of the hill. Well after that I thought I was too late and everything was pretty much passed. Well about 30 min later I stood up and as I did I caught movement over my shoulder. It was 2 does and they were booking it through the trees right to me. I clip my release on my bow waiting to see what was making them run. I waited and waited but nothing. Well as I watch them walk off I continued standing knowing I only have about 15 min of daylight now. I turn around now facing the front as I was watching the does go right behind my tree. As soon as I turn I see another body along the fence about 40 yards through the timber. At first glance I thought just another doe. Well I kind of relaxed and then it walked towards me. As it got closer I could see something on its head. When it got to about 20 yds I tried to draw and my should popped. The buck bounce off about 15 yds now out of range. I stood there about 2 min watching and it turned and started toward me again. When it got to about 20 yds again I drew and settled my pin and released. I sat in the tree for about 20 min until it got good and dark and walked back to house to get a light and some help. My grandpa and his friend, my buddy and I all went to look for this deer. It took about 5 min to make our way about 50 yds down the hill and there lay this 10 pt. I was pumped. I knew it was a good deer but it is way better than I had expected and it is by far the best bow kill that I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 12-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats on a great deer!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's a beauty!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck congrats!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck! Congratulations!
Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nice Buck

That is a fiine OKie buck and with a bow. Good harvest for sure.
DB
Old 12-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS on your best bow buck!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

very nice buck... congrats... beautiful rack.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice , Im sure hes going on the wall , congrats
Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Spike

Love it when they have "ground growage"!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.