Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
This is why hate people.... >

This is why hate people....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is why hate people....

Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

A few years ago, my brother bought a brand new feeder and set up a blind on our own 830 acre ranch and it got stolen within a week. He's only been on guided hunts that someone else pays for since. That's the worst part. He's got two little boys and I don't know that they will get to go hunting but at least they'll get plenty of fishing done.

We had a bad time of it with vandals and thieves a few years back when we first got the place. An industrious thief could get in along the creek where the floods would wash out the fences.

I generally hunt around alot of other people, extended family, not all of whom I necassarily trust. I've taken to locking up all my equipment so no one else can hunt there...at least, can't sit in my blind. It sucks to see a buck, watch him all season, size him up, decide you want to take him and then see the pictures passed around of some other jerk striking a pose with him dead as a doornail.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Well fine then, how about that expensive camera that you like to take pictures with? Ever leave that in your car? Keep it in your house? Ever sit it next to you while having lunch? Or how about something like your grill on your porch, lawn chairs, patio furniture, radio out of your car, T.V. out of your home, DVD player out of your home etc... etc... etc...

That's what's wrong with this world. Too many people ask the victim....

Why in the world did you leave your car parked on the street?
Why did you leave a treestand up on your own private property?
Why do you have an expensive TV in your house?
Why would you have such an expensive camera laying around in your house... It's just inviting people o break in and take it.
ETC... ETC... ETC...

Blame and convict the criminal and not ask why the victim leaves a treestand out on his PRIVATE PROPERTY. He left it out because it is his dang property and not theirs.
Exactly! +1000000 I couldn't have said it better myself. That kind of crap pisses me off too. Not only do you have to deal with the jack@#$%* who steal your crap but then the ones who blame you for it being stolen! Screw that!
Old 12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

my buddy busted a guy huntin his blind...guy said he was sorry he thought we'd left for the weekend already...my buddy told him never to come back, they burned his blind down by the followin weekend..it was cold and no hot spots, almost like they watched us leave 3 days befor..
Old 12-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Spike

Yah guys people can be real jack @$$es some times and honestly its every country bumpkin with a bad idea that give hunters a bad name. Once I was hunting Public land and I was stiitin in a hole made by a tree falling and being uprooted and about 5 yard out we (me and my uncle) found a natural blind that looked like it took some time to make. We found a gps and a hunting bag with a knife and a map in it and we left it there and kinda hid it in the blind. The guy was probably out stalkin. I think if I ever set a stand on public land I would find some way to put pressure sensors under the feet of my stand and if those senosors go off have firecrackers drop from the trees above and go off on the ground around the idiots who would try and steal it, plus a couple cable loks wouldnt hurt. = )
Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by markjenna
Woke up this morning, to go hunting and got to my stand in the middle of no where. And it is missing. I don't know how anyone would of found it, and WHY WOULD ANYONE WHO HUNTS TAKE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT THERE............BASTARDS......
That sucks. I had the very same thing happen on my private land.