Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight. >

Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Destroyer 340 Tonight.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by JeffB
I got to shoot the D350 yesterday Rob- I was very impressed as well- I posted a thread over on AT-here be the http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1079032
Nice!

Originally Posted by live2Draw
I shot one today too Rob!!
340 @ 63 lbs, 377 grain lightspeed 28" draw, bare bow, no site, octane 12" and a whisker biscuit.
331 FPS!!!! HOly crap!!
So smooth so quiet! VERY easy draw!
i wants one....
Very Nice!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default the grip

Rob,

thanks again for the description of the new BT flagships !
I am going on a honeymoon to the US just to buy me one ( don't tell the misses.......)
My one concern is the new grip. I noticed you have a little more hand on the bow than I do and I like my grip slim and round.
I'm currently shooting a 82nd, correct that, my body is grown together with the bow. ( you need to really work to get it right, but once you do.....you have a piece of heaven and hell in your hands )
How would you compare the new grip, is it more squared at the backside ?

And I second your motion to get the good stuff on longer ATA bows in the future....

Frank
Belgium
Old 12-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by m9a9g9i9c
Rob,

thanks again for the description of the new BT flagships !
I am going on a honeymoon to the US just to buy me one ( don't tell the misses.......)
My one concern is the new grip. I noticed you have a little more hand on the bow than I do and I like my grip slim and round.
I'm currently shooting a 82nd, correct that, my body is grown together with the bow. ( you need to really work to get it right, but once you do.....you have a piece of heaven and hell in your hands )
How would you compare the new grip, is it more squared at the backside ?

And I second your motion to get the good stuff on longer ATA bows in the future....

Frank
Belgium
Frank, the grip was one of the things that concerned me when I was seeing pictures and previous to everyone shooting it, it was being said that it resembled the Air Raid. Although I love the Air Raid, I certainly prefer the grip of the 82nd. I feel the grip of the Destroyers are more toward the grip of the 82nd than the Air Raid. It is more rounded than square and narrower than I thought it would be. Not quite that of the 82nd but far from the Air Raid. It also has what I'd describe as a thumb slot which was very comfortable. I've been a Hoyt guy prior to my Bowtechs and always loved those grips. The Destroyer grip may resemble them but with it's own flair. The plastic inlaid with wood is very sweet and it's not a "cheap" plastic that some might want to say. I'm not sure what it is but it added to the bow very nicely.

I love how you say your taking your honeymoon to buy a Destroyer. If you get it past the Mrs, you've got a great "honeymoon" to look forward to. And oh, by the way. Congratulations.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 12-06-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff, nice review. Some of us can't get away with reviewing a bow without being called fanboys, but your review was one I was truly looking forward to as you have proved time and time again to be very unbiased.

Can't wait till my 340 shows up.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Was at the archery shop last week, and the owner said that the first shipment are all spoken for with deposites down for them all already lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by tmontgo1
Was at the archery shop last week, and the owner said that the first shipment are all spoken for with deposites down for them all already lol.
I'm not surprised. I also reading that all over the web. These bows are methodically being shipped as they are built. People want them now so I'm sure there are deposits down before they come through the door. I know Ben / PA has one paid for and waiting on it to come, course he's left handed.

I'm waiting on a 340 myself.