Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last year buck

Old 12-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Spike

Default Last year buck

This is the buck I got last year. he is at the taxi. I was wondering what he would score. He was my first buck. do you think he would make Pope and Young. Just wondering...can't wait to get him back.
Attached Thumbnails Last year buck-100_0600_00-1-1.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

120-125...he might squeek in barely. He has pretty good mass and spread, that helps. Nice Deer!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great first buck!!! Is he a 9 or a 10? The picture is not the best to score him from. I cannot really tell much about his brow tines (it appears to me that he might only have one) and I cannot see his left side very well.

If he is a 10 and matches pretty close, I think he has the possibility of making it. If he is a 9, or if the brow tines are not there, then I think you are going to get ate alive with deductions and put you out.

Either way, he is a great buck and pretty darn awesome as a first buck. Congrats!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Spike

115-120...............
Old 12-04-2009, 05:39 AM
Spike

He was a 10, I know the picture isn't that great. my hand covers a small brow tine. He is 11 if the small visible brow tine is scorable.