Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bow opinions please >

New bow opinions please

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow opinions please

Old 12-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

take a look at some hoyts. they are probably the greatest bow out there in my opinion. they have a smooth draw cycle, not a whole lot of vibration and they are pretty quiet.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm also leaning very strongly toward a new Mathews as well. I'll probably opt for the new Z7 though. The Monster simply is NOT what I'm looking for in a hunting rig. Good luck with whatever bow you choose.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

ok cornfed im gonna ask why is the monster not your choice for a hunting setup????
Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

oz I shot the new Z7 and I'll tell you that I've been in archery for 35 years and I can't think of a smoother bow that I've shot, this is one sweet shooting machine. I didn't like the draw cycle on the Monster and I really wasn't enjoying the thought of going to a twin cam bow. But that's just me. But if I was you I wouldn't dismiss the Z7 before I shot it. JMHO
Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

hi gutshot may i ask what you didnt like about the draw cycle? i am having a hard time with not want a single cam anymore just cant seem to start likeing them to many years with a dual cam i guess
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've gotten used to drawing my bow without a big drop over into the valley. With the Monster I found myself drawing to right before the valley and then stopping and drawing again into the valley. With my current Drenalin and the Z7 you don't have that strong let-off into the valley like you do with a dual cam. Just personal preference.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shot the Monster 7

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
so this christmas on my usa visit im going to buy my self a new bow
heres what im looking at

matthews monster 7
matthews monster
matthews monster xlr8

so i guess you can tell at the moment im leaning towards a matthews so please give me your feelings and opinions and anything you have heard about the above bows and others that you think i may like
im going for these bows because i want to return to a twin caqm bow and like there setup so far
i use to have a darton maverick which was a great bow but i do not like the new darton setup looks as though they have gone backward about ten years in tech

so give it to me guys

Very quiet and smooth draw. You give up a little speed but the light weight and one of the most quiet bows I have ever shot and I have shot alot of bows in 25yrs. Think this bow going to do well for Mathews.
DB
Old 12-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot a Monster, Hoyt AM35, Hoyt Maxxis, BowTech Destroyer 350

Yeah I'm on BowTech's Corporate Staff but the Monster would be my last choice. Even if I wasn't on staff the BowTech Destroyer would be my choice although the AM35 shot very nice.

Dan
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Typical Buck

hey dan
glad your still here
so why would the monster be your last choice need more info mate
Old 12-03-2009, 02:40 AM
NTO
Spike

Check out the new Accomplice or Exceed 300 from Athens Archery. I am dealing them in my shop now and I get 2-3 calls for them a day. I switched shooting from Mathews to this company. Love it!

www.athensarchery.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.