Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bowtech or Bowtech >

Bowtech or Bowtech

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech or Bowtech

Old 11-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech or Bowtech

Ok guys I'm having some trouble picking out a bow, Ive shot the Sniper and the 08' Commander and love them both, I know the 07 commander had problems, but I didnt see any in the 08 version. The big problem with the sniper is its package not trhe bare bow, because i have all the accessories.

Help me out because I think ill go with the 08' commander of it dosent have any huge problems.

Dl- 32" (yah)
Old 11-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What was the "problems" on the 07 commander? I didnt know it had any.
Old 11-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would pick the 08 Commander - I am long ata guy and I have never heard of any 07 Commander issues.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Spike

I heard the 07 had a problem that at long draw lengths you could see the cable through the peep at full draw and it had some fletching clearance problems. But anyways i kow i can find commanders from about 400 - 500 dollars.

Im having second thoughts about the Sniper its a new bow its a RTS package which is the one thing i dont like. Im wating for the 2010 model of it to come out
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sporkinator3
I heard the 07 had a problem that at long draw lengths you could see the cable through the peep at full draw and it had some fletching clearance problems.
I don't know about at long draw lengths, but the same is true of the 2008 Commander- at least mine (28.5"). Clearance is very tight with the stock slide, and I can see the cable in the peep (I had the same cable visible with the Admiral too). The fletch clearance bothers me more than anything, because when shooting I am so intent on the spot I want to hit, the cable kinda "blurs" out of my vision. I reccomend the "First Strings" brand cable slide as it's one of the few oversized enough to glide smoothly on the dipped cable guard rod BowTech uses- others I tried like the Bomar, Hoyt, PSE, & Martin all had too much friction or wouldn't even go on the rod.

Nice bow though- very smooth shooting, quiet, and with the big brace very forgiving. Speeds are not too shabby- 28.5"/ 70/350 296 FPS on mine with loop, peep & 2 Simms leeches. And if you are a lefty, mine is for sale
Old 11-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Spike

commander all the way.............i also have had no problems with my '07 commander...
Old 11-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

Hey Jeff if yours is for sale I might be able to make you an offer, I saw a few on ebay but...its ebay you never really know

And how tight is fletching clearance because I really want to try out FOB's from starrflight...
Old 11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews

Have you tried a MATHEWS?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of the 2 mentioned I would choose a Commander Hands Down!!

Nothing shoots as Sweet as a BowTech Center Pivot. I Love my Captain!!

Dan
Old 11-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Spike

I've shot a matthews but I'm still going bowtech...my old PSE nova s8 was good to me and now its time to upgrade!