Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

7 pt bowkill

Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default 7 pt bowkill

Shot this buck today at 1530 hrs. on a new piece of property that I just gained access to a few weeks ago.The land owner told me that he has been seeing alot of deer passing through his land and mentioned the fact that he had been seeing this particular 7 pt. on several occasions running through the back field and said to "kill it if you get a chance,I wan to see it up close".So today I got to my stand at 1450 hrs. and guess who came by at 1530?The buck came through the back corner of a swamp,right along the edge of a stonewall where I had set up my stand.The shot was quatering away at 10 yards and took out both lungs.At the shot the deer mule kicked and bolted around 90 yards before piling up.The arrow passed completely through the deer and buried about 7 inches into the ground on the off side.I had a spotty blood trail for most of the way,though it did pick up for about the last 40 to 50 yards.There are some big bucks running this piece(including a huge 6 pt I got trail camera shots of and posted about here) and hopefully I'll get to put an arrow through soon.I shot the buck with my Crackerized 68 lb '04 Pearson Edge.My arrows are 250 CX Maxima Hunters tipped with a 100 grain Wasp Boss Bullets.The bow is also equipped with a Viper Predator hunter sight and TR Drop Zone Rest.I was also using a Scott Silverhorn release.The buck dressed out at 145 lbs.Oh,and the land owner was glad to see the deer up close.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Nice deer and great story Thanks and congrats
Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Spike

ncie story, and congrats !!
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck, congrats!
Old 11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Spike

Congrats!!