Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
I blew it boys!!! >

I blew it boys!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I blew it boys!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default I blew it boys!!!

I decided about 8 years ago to hunt all season with a bow. Reason being, I really wanted to kill a P&Y. Well, I have shot a couple of bucks over the years that never made and seen a couple that did but just couldn't get the shot. I live down in S GA and these opportunities are few unlike Illinois and other places. Well, this morning I finally got my opportunity at a real nice 10 pt probably 135"s. He came in at 30 yrds adn I aimed center 10 instead of low and, you guessed it. Shot right over the top of him after he dropped about 8 inches before my arrow got to him. He only ran about 30 yrds and stopped and then kind walked off. I am headeing back in the morning. I sucks but thats what makes bowhunting fun. All my buddies laugh taht I still hunt with a bow during the rut instead of a rifle. I just tell them that one day its going to happen and it will all be worth it. I just came so close this morning. I just hope he comes back.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

Man I feel for you. I have like so many other hunters felt the agony of defeat. Keep at it and it will happen bro.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Fork Horn

I have done the same thing a few years ago. Had a real nice 10 point come in and I blew it. Just like you, my opportunities to see and shoot a big buck are very few and far between. Some day we will get our chance, thats what I keep telling my self anyway lol.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how tough it can be when there aren't that many "qualifiers" in the geographical location where you live. Been there...

I also know what it is like to miss an "easy shot" on a "record book" buck (archive Missed by a Hair). Done that...

I admire your motivation and drive. Someday your chance will come.