Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
House magically appears >

House magically appears

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

House magically appears

Old 11-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default House magically appears

Last year my pop and I bought 22 acres to hunt on. We spent all summer building box blinds (for rifle season) and hanging stands. I took a two week vacation and hunted the land pretty hard. I was seeing deer and knew it was a matter of time before i connected (did end up shooting a doe). After my vacation, I went home and was away from my property for three days. This past weekend i went back up north to hunt. I woke up early and went out for an exciting morning rut hunt. As soon as the light comes up I discover that my neighbor put a house on his land 70 yards from me. Guess who was not happy. I know there is nothing that I can do about it, but did he have to put it right where the deer come from? And who would have thought that they could build a house in three days!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch, that sucks.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

A 3 day house huh? Maybe it's one of those pre-fabricated things, and if you're real lucky it's still on the trailer and you can hook up to it with your truck and get it outta there til after season. Be sure to leave a note though!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

Don't you watch Extreme Make Over Home Edition, that's about how long it takes them and they have to tear a house down first. Or was it aliens........lol

agree with sconny, that sucks

Don

Last edited by dman4505; 11-17-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW that would have to be one heck of a surprise!!! LOL! I couldn't imagine what you were thinking as the sun came up and see a HOUSE standing there... LOL!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer will just start coming from another area and you will just have to adjust to that.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont swet the house, the deer will adjust and after a bit they wont even care its there!!!!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

When I was younger that happened to me as well. I sat on a fence line, which was the interstate for the deer. There were no house for miles in each direction, but I was still about 150 yards from the road. Then one day I drive by in the summer and there I see a backhoe... a Bob Villa Road Block was being built.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Spike

Ouch. Good thing is the deer will still come in. Still kinda sucks though. In the last 15yrs there has been 6 new houses put up and now 200+acres of oak,pine swamp is being cut where I hunt. Still see deer but at definatly less.

good luck
Old 11-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer around here prefer to walk through our front yard rather than in the open field next to us (we have trees in the yard), so don't sweat the house.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.