Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Controversy !!!!!!!!!!!! >

Controversy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Controversy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2003, 10:22 AM

Default RE: Controversy !!!!!!!!!!!!

A trophy is special to the one who shoots it, and his dad. I have a room full of hides and heads and I eat well. As long as you don' t waste your bounty then to each his own. I hunt in an over populated area and deer heards are abundant. I hunt to have quality time with my son and other family members, but I don' t go home hungry either. In my area you have to shoot a doe first before you can take a buck. Each time we cook a roast here at the house we always try to guess is it a doe or buck?? The rack sticking out of the crock pot gives it away sometimes.[&:]
Old 06-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

what i meant by quality could be a nice thick beam non typical 17 point. if you shoot a small fork horn in its first year you will never know. this has been discussed quite a bit on the outdoor shows. sometimes you just gotta forget about the old ways of thinking and get on board with what the deer researchers are finding out. anyway i agree the trophy is in the eye of the beholder. not all of us can hunt in prime areas like illinois. but then again i will never pay 2000$ for a hunt either.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

I dont agree with it at all.....i do take my fair share of does during the bow season but i also have let many deer walk. To each his own, as long as he identifies his target and it is legal game.
Old 06-02-2003, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are who gives you the right to judge others because they don' t believe the same thing you do? If it is legal how is it any of your business? Do these people come down to your camp and tell you how to hunt? Then why don' t you stay the **** out of there business unless you hear of them breaking a law
Old 06-02-2003, 08:47 AM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

what i meant by quality could be a nice thick beam non typical 17 point. if you shoot a small fork horn in its first year you will never know.
Funny thing. I' ve never felt guilty with a grilled sirloin and some A1 on the plate. If horn-hunting' s your deal, great. Nothing wrong with it, and be the best you can. Just please don' t presume to tell everyone else they should share your priorities.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Even though I may not understand some one else' s hunting view or motto, as long as no laws are being broken and they are being safe hunters, they can do what they want.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:27 PM

Each one of my posts say " Put some brown on the ground" , but Im VERY selective, and still have little trouble putting brown down. I take does every year and will take a small buck if given the opportunity on public land or special hunts if possible. I take only mature bucks and does on my property, so not a lot of bucks are taken. Any deer or animal with archery equipment is a trophy to anyone who takes it. So I think should do what tey feel is appropriate and put some brown down!
Old 06-02-2003, 07:38 PM

When I hear , If its brown its down, I think of that young man who was going hunting with dad last season in OHIO and some guy shot his dad with a broadhead as they were going to their stand one morning, ALL THAT' S BROWN - I don' t think so.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:05 PM

Highbow, I' m pretty new to this site but I have to disagree with you. What you refer to has nothing to do with the saying " if its brown its down" as said by some of our fellow HUNTERS. IMO and for what it is worth what you are referring to is unethical and criminal. When a HUNTER says " if its brown its down" they don' t just go out shooting the bushes. Whether you or I agree with it, if a HUNTER wants to take game no matter what its size or how many points it will score then that is his right as long as it is legal and neither you nor I have the right to judge him. A HUNTER would never shoot bushes and assume it was an animal. An unethical person and a criminal would but a HUNTER would not. Please let' s not refer to a Hunter as someone who would shoot the bushes because they made a silly statement, thats what hurts the HUNTERS image is when we refer to criminals as HUNTERS. There is a big difference.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:36 PM

Very nicely put, LA Hornhunter. Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Controversy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.