Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Another big one for the old man >

Another big one for the old man

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another big one for the old man

Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Spike

Default Another big one for the old man

My father arrowed another big buck (210 pounds live weight). Has a 5x5 typical frame, with one sticker coming out of the base of its right main beams.

Shoot the buck at frist light on Monday. The buck gave no indications of being hit, as it just walked off after the shoot. About mid-morning, my father fiinally got down from the stand to retrive his arrow and thats when he found out that he DID hit the deer. We then began to track it, as it has been at least 4 hours since he shot the buck. Lots of blood initially, but the blood trail gave out after 200 yards. Since we were hunting farm land with large forest lots, we kind of had an idea of the general direction the buck took. So we began to search the wood lots for any sign of blood. About 500 yards or so from where we found the last sign of blood, my father jumped the buck. The buck had bedded down in some a narrow washout with some thick cover. After inspecting his bedding and saw the amount of blood he was losing, we began to track him down again, only to jump the buck yet another time. This time, we decided to back out for the day and just let him lie down and die. We plan on searching for him the next morning. It was a tense and nervous afternoon and an even more stressful and sleepless night. Next morning, we resumed where we last saw the buck. The buck gave us a good blood trail for about another 100 yards, then as before, no more blood. We then employed the same tactic as the day before, just started searching. About 15 minutes later, we heard a bunch of crows in a deep ravine and headed in that direction, hoping that the deer had died and the crows were coming in for an easy meal. We were right!!!!

Anyways enouch chatter, here is a picture:
Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
Fork Horn

Fantastic buck!!! Congrats on a great buck.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrMONEYman
My father arrowed another big buck (210 pounds live weight). Has a 5x5 typical frame, with one sticker coming out of the base of its right main beams.

Shoot the buck at frist light on Monday. The buck gave no indications of being hit, as it just walked off after the shoot. About mid-morning, my father fiinally got down from the stand to retrive his arrow and thats when he found out that he DID hit the deer. We then began to track it, as it has been at least 4 hours since he shot the buck. Lots of blood initially, but the blood trail gave out after 200 yards. Since we were hunting farm land with large forest lots, we kind of had an idea of the general direction the buck took. So we began to search the wood lots for any sign of blood. About 500 yards or so from where we found the last sign of blood, my father jumped the buck. The buck had bedded down in some a narrow washout with some thick cover. After inspecting his bedding and saw the amount of blood he was losing, we began to track him down again, only to jump the buck yet another time. This time, we decided to back out for the day and just let him lie down and die. We plan on searching for him the next morning. It was a tense and nervous afternoon and an even more stressful and sleepless night. Next morning, we resumed where we last saw the buck. The buck gave us a good blood trail for about another 100 yards, then as before, no more blood. We then employed the same tactic as the day before, just started searching. About 15 minutes later, we heard a bunch of crows in a deep ravine and headed in that direction, hoping that the deer had died and the crows were coming in for an easy meal. We were right!!!!

Anyways enouch chatter, here is a picture:
Whats wrong with his face? Or did I just drink to much
Old 11-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why the swirled out face? Seems odd....
Old 11-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Poached it, thats why!! Hidden identity!! Just kidding bud, great looking buck.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a great buck! Congrats to your father!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet!!

Dan
Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Buck!

Congrats!