Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Surprise birthday gift!!! >

Surprise birthday gift!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Surprise birthday gift!!!

Old 05-31-2003, 08:20 AM

Default Surprise birthday gift!!!

My wife gave me a surprise birthday party and a surprise birthday gift, a Ford Supercab 4X4 Truck!!! It looks like I' m set with the ultimate hunting vehicle now. I went hunting in a Saturn sedan for 8 years before getting this new truck. YES, you can fit most deer in the trunk of a Saturn! However there were a few bucks I shot that I called my hunting partner to come assist me in transporting it to get it registered and to the butcher.

The birthday was the big 40! [:' (]

I' ve always had a great wife and now I have a great truck.

Old 05-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Surprise birthday gift!!!

Congrats man , I' d say you got a keeper!
Old 05-31-2003, 11:46 PM

Don' t get much better than that!!! Congrats
Old 06-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-01-2003, 05:14 PM

Thanks guys.

I' ve still got to pay off the truck loan in the near future but the thought behind the gift was pure gratitude. I had suffered with that stripped down Saturn (without air conditioning I might add) for a long time in order to provide the rest of my family with the things they needed. It was my turn to receive.

The new truck payment is also a goal set by my wife with her new business " Juice Plus" . She plans to increase her income this year above and beyond that payment.

This is my first Ford after a long line of just about everything else. This truck has everything on it to include leather interior and all the gadgets except a sun roof. I' ll be getting that spray in bed liner too. Still debating if I' m going to cap/cover the bed or not. I know it will help the gas mileage.

Old 06-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

thats awesome man.....oh by the way, do you think i could borrow the truck some time?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:56 AM

It wasn' t a birthday gift but for my high-school graduation my parents bought me a lifetime hunting license for the great state of Kansas. I joined the military and didn' t know where the world was gonna take me but I' ll always be a resident according to the KDWP. If you guys know how hard it is to get non-resident deer permits you' ll appreciate it.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:23 AM

The best present that I can remember was for christmass a couple of years ago. My wife got me a Remington 7400 30/06.

Last year my wife told me to get a new truck, my 1997 Thunderbird was on its last leg (had 180,000 miles on it), so I went out & got a 2002 F150 Extended cab. Now she has told me to check into trading it in & getting A SuperCrew Cab, just debating if I should get a 2003 or wait on the 2004' s to come out.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:43 PM

Congratulation on the big 40. Does you wife have a single sister? Oh wait, I forgot, I' m already married.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Surprise birthday gift!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.