Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
first doe of season' good story >

first doe of season' good story

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first doe of season' good story

Old 11-10-2009, 04:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default first doe of season' good story

Saturday morning i got to my gf's house about 5am and went in to try and wake her up to go to the stands, no such luck there. So i got to the stand that are about 2 miles up the road at about 530 and saw deer everywhere. The next 5 hours of my day were spent sitting perfectly still watching 4 orphan fawns play around the clearing in front of me. So eventuallly I got tired of watching fawns and went back to the main farm to help build on the barn. After that I was heading home and WAAM, buck runs a doe right in front of the car. Bucks are in full rut. Just my luck, I sit all day and dont see a single doe or buck of shooting size, then hit u huge doe with the car.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

that sucks! did you keep the meat or was she completely messed up?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

I went out and finished her off, but I fell here quarters and they were jello'ed other wise she would of been in the truck, lol