Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NY activity where are all the deer? >

NY activity where are all the deer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY activity where are all the deer?

Old 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Angry NY activity where are all the deer?

I have gone out about 10 or more times so far, and I have only seen 2 deer, both 100 yards away and one was only a fawn/yearling. This is the worst I have ever seen bow season . I can remember just 4 years ago, every time I went out I saw deer. Now, nothing. Is the rut in???? What time of day is everyone else seeing deer? This Is very discouraging. I'm getting ready to just forget about hunting this year, its that bad.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

seeing the same thing in east central indiana. Not even seeing any drive the roads at dusk or spotlighting late in the night.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Spike

I've been seeing quite alot of action this year. Matter of fact I've been seeing more bucks than does! We've had a lot of crappy weather and the deer really seem to be moving when the weather sucks. I took this nice 8 point buck on Halloween evening. He was the 2nd buck I saw within 15 minutes. I shot this buck at 3:45 pm. I've been seeing bucks cruising around from early morning all the way up til dark. Just this past Friday on my way home from work I saw a 130" plus 8 point out cruising on my way home from work...time was 3:45 pm the exact time I shot my buck the previous Sat. evening. Hang in there, put the time in the stand and sooner or later you'll get your chance.
Attached Thumbnails NY activity where are all the deer?-chads-deer-2.jpg  

Last edited by treestandsnyper; 11-08-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

I feel your pain ,Ive been out alot this year and have only seen 2 doe's just can't figure it out.Our gun season starts this weekend and i don't know if i want to buy a gun lic or just give up this year
Old 11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

hey treestand. im in warsaw. much the same here. have had deer all over me since the season started. im not seeing many doe's,how bout you? seems like there's twice as many bucks or more. today i had deer by me before first light all the way till 9am. left then got back into same stand at 245. deer started showing up around 3 all the way till dark. saw 4 bucks in am. 5 pm. all but 2 were different from morning till night. bucks are cruising good now
Old 11-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Fork Horn

the only deer I have seen at night are the ones splattered on the road. I think in my area they are only moving late at night. I'm not even seeing deer in the field's that I would normally see while driving around. There are two fields that my wife drives by on her way to work that there is always deer in. Haven't even seen them there. there is one other guy that hunts the same property that I do, and he says, he is seeing deer, but he has more bull chit than a bull farm, so I don't believe him. I don't think this full moon has helped at all either. Going to be 70 today,grrrrrrr. We need some bad weather and some snow, but that wishful thinking at this point.....
Old 11-09-2009, 02:45 AM
NTO
Spike

We were out the other night and seen 25 deer in one field. Mostly small bucks and does. Witnessed a nice6 point breed a hot doe and two little guys scrapping with each other in the middle of the field. Really haven't seen any shooters yet, but I am a firm believer that those bucks won't show themselves until dark. We were just watching the field and weren't in the woods at the time. I am heading to my honey hole on Wed. Really good chance I will at least see a shooter if the weather cooperates.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

For sure I have been finding its either red hot or cold as the north pole movements were terrible yesterday but the previous cold days the deer seem to be on their feet, I have seen signs of aggressive rutting but then nothing not sure what the deal is hopefully the next week is pick up time!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Fork Horn

This has been the longest I've gone not putting ab uck with bow on the ground during the season...I'm seeing some little ones or does with little ones but either too far out for a shot...I'm also not seeing much in the way of bucks..yet I had loads of em on my trail cam in Sept.....passed on 2 small, very small bucks...keep holding out but with 2 weeks left, I may change.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my area the big problem is the high temps.We had a couple decent days with low temps and a dusting of snow but I wasn't able to get out then.Hang tuff.It will turn around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.