Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Question, need advice/help. >

Question, need advice/help.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question, need advice/help.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question, need advice/help.

So, I have a predicament that I can't seem to find a solution for. With the exception of opening weekend, every weekend and every outing of hunting I have seen the same deer, 7 times in a row as a matter of fact (I can only hunt saturday and sunday evenings). There are two does that walk through my property and every time they pass through, they walk in a different place. Now, I have been moving around trying to predict where they will go, based on where they walked the previous time I saw them. I have several places that I can go, I have a tree stand up above a big oak tree, a blind in another area then I also have 4 other "natural blinds" behind fallen trees that I can use. With all that I have there you might think I have a lot of land, but it isn't it's only about 8 acres. So, I guess I am asking what should I do? I can't seem to find a pattern of where they walk or anything like that.

Also, a few times ago I drew in a small 5 pointer with doe estrus urine, but I couldn't get a shot at him, of course there was a tree right at his vitals, I was so happy.

Vaclav
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

What are the chances they may be getting a whiff of you? IMO, if you keep moving to different spots all around there, they may be picking up your sent from the day before as the wind changes. Just a thought. Glad your seeing something. I have not seen anything. In 10 or so sits, I have seen 2 deer, both 100 yards away. And one of them was way to small to even consider shooting anyway.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think there is a high chance of them getting a whiff of me...I shower (without body wash or anything), I keep all my hunting clothes in a big bag that has leaves, twigs and soil mixed in with the clothes to keep the natural scent and I also spray myself down as I get dressed and as I walk out to where I am going to sit. I thought it might have been that at first too but every time I go out I try to "descentatize" myself better. I have no idea.

Vaclav