Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need a good tree stand!! Help >

I need a good tree stand!! Help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a good tree stand!! Help

Old 05-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Banned

Default I need a good tree stand!! Help

I need to find a good treestand for less than $150. I have one called a Gator Climber that i bout a few year ago and its the hardest thing i have ever tried to use. It takes about 30 min to hook up to the tree and its hard to climb with. I am lookin for one that uses the cabels to wrap around the tree to hook onto it. I think yall know what im talkin bout. Id like to have the safest one around. Weight really doesnt matter. if anyone has any ideas please post. Sry if the treestand questions are getting annoying. Im pressed for time. Thanks
Old 05-30-2003, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I need a good tree stand!! Help

I know you requested stands for less than $150.00 but I have been looking at the new Packmaster Telescoping Treestand by API.This stand cost a bit more at $229.00 through Cabelas.The bonus is that it comes with a 4 point harness and that is supposed to be a $50.00 value.All API stands come with the harness.

This looks like the perfect stand to me.You do not need the perfect tree to climb.Just find a good spot and run the ladder out and climb and hunt.The nice thing is it telescopes in and out and you carry it in like a climber but without the hassle.It looks t that it would require even less time to put up than a climber.

I think I will have one this deer season.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:42 PM

I got one called a " Cable Cat" ,it' s made by API but marketed by Wal Mart . It lokks and works exactly like the grand slam but it doesn' t use the chain but a coated cable. I can really say it' s the most comfortable I' ve ever used . Not only cause it' s physically comfortable but I feel very secure in it. And if you can use a chair you can use this. It is slightly more than 150 ( approx 190) but I assure you for the money it' s an awesome stand. If you prefer the chain you can get em at almost any API dealer and it fits w/o modification. I' ve been bowhunting for 23 yrs and have tried many stans and can say w/o reservation this is the best money I' ve ever spent. Hope this helps!!!
Old 05-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

i dont trust the v bar climbers had a friend tell me they would tilt if youstand on one side to far or come down the tree if you stood back to far,he had an old climber they may be better now he tried my hunters view hawk climber and loved it he bought one i replied to your other post its in your price range at wal mart
Old 05-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

take a look at the cabelas " bowhunter xt" it' s $159.00, and only 22 lbs. it hooks to the tree by a cable system. looks like a good little stand.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:05 AM

' API is out of business' ? Who will you go to when you need replacement parts? Will Cabela' s warranty something that' s not made any more? Is someone else using API' s name?

Just things to consider.
Old 05-31-2003, 08:14 AM

Get a Summit Bushmaster XLS. A little more expensive at 199.99, but well worth it. The stand weighs only 16lbs, is built VERY VERY STRONG, is incredibly easy to set-up, rock solid in a tree, is super quiet, ect.... I could go on and on.

One thing though is that it comes with a free safety harness and warranty, and Summit has one of the best customer service departments around, for any company, hunting related or not.

Check it out here......

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ype=index&rid=

Old 05-31-2003, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know you want to save money, but a tree stand is not where you want to go cheap! Buying a quality stand will be an investmanet in your safety and comfort. That said some of the best stands on the market are made buy Summit. They provide safety, comfort and value all in one package. They are not the cheapest, or the most expensive. What they do is combine the features a bowhunter needs into one package that is priced fairly. I highly recomend them.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Banned

' API is out of business' ?
When did this happen? I havent been lookin for treestands for a while so i wouldnt know this. I never heard about this.

Buck Magnet. I like the Summit BushmasterXLS. It looks like a good stand. I am lookin for one that is really quick to hook up to the tree and easy to climb with. The one i got now is a climber but you almost have to hook it onto the tree the night before the hunt just to be able to hunt with it. It takes 30 min just to set it up. I also would like to have that harness that comes with it. I am considering this one very much.

take a look at the cabelas " bowhunter xt" it' s $159.00, and only 22 lbs. it hooks to the tree by a cable system. looks like a good little stand.
Have you ever used this stand bogobble? It looks like a good one. If so how easy does it hook up to the tree? It doesnt come with a harness like the Summit, but i could always use the one i already got. Its a half body harness. If you have any info on this stand please post. Im considering this one also.

TWIG69, Is there any place on the internet that i could see this stand? I would like to look at it, but the local walmart dont put their hunting stuff up till August.

Thanks for all the help guys. I dont want to make the same mistake as i did when i bought my last stand. I dont trust it one bit. Its load, heavy, and hard to climb with, and it moves when you get in the stand. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-31-2003, 09:52 AM

I posted an answer about Hunters View but didnt know if you wanted a climber. As far as climbers go, I like API, but hadnt heard about them going out of business yet either[]. That hurts. A lot of people like Cobras, I just dont feel comfortable with the cable, but look how many people use them without any trouble, you might check them out. For 150$ I dont know how much selection there is. The hunters view , like some have said is heavy and noisy, but it is in your price range, the stand Wal-Mart has by API is a good buy also and a little better than Hunters View IMO.

Quick Reply: I need a good tree stand!! Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.