Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
don't laugh....... >

don't laugh.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't laugh.......

Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

FYI- someone implied this already, but if it's not been explicitly said- try not to shoot your actual hunting broadheads into the target... it will dull them in a hurry. If they don't make practice heads for your BH then set aside 1 or 2 to be practice heads.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just make sure you put in NEW, NEVER shot blades before hunting!
Good luck
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Spike

Don't laugh... hey we have all been at that place where we are starting out and need to ask questions. At least, I know I was there, and I still ask questions that might be "dumb", however you will never learn if you don's ask. Bottom line, if you have any questions, never feel bad asking, because we are all hunters together, and we are all here to help each other out.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are going to hunt with the same broadheads you are shooting into foam, resharpen them prior to hunting with them. That foam will dull the razors edge very quickly.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot my muzzys into my glendale full rut. After a hour you can hardly see the hole.
Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
If you wanna save your target push them all the way through, unscrew the head, then pull your arrow back out and reattach your head. I always shoot my BHs into a sandy bank and use an old toothbrush to clean em after each shot. WCL
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something else you might want to consider. Those blades are very sharp and should be for hunting. Any time you shoot them into something it dulls the blades to some extent.

Your responsibility as an ethical hunter would be to either resharpen the blades or replace them for hunting. Replacement is what I always do as that is part of the advantages of having replaceable blade heads. The old blades can then be saved for next year's or any subsequent practice sessions.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Something else you might want to consider. Those blades are very sharp and should be for hunting. Any time you shoot them into something it dulls the blades to some extent.

Your responsibility as an ethical hunter would be to either resharpen the blades or replace them for hunting. Replacement is what I always do as that is part of the advantages of having replaceable blade heads. The old blades can then be saved for next year's or any subsequent practice sessions.
Very true! I use a BRAND NEW broadhead for EVERY deer that I shoot. Just the way I am.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

am i the only one who's broadheads go straight through 2 stopbags and stick in the fence?