HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/309195-first-buck-bow-early-october-im-little-late.html)

piketon_hunter#9 11-06-2009 08:11 AM

first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late

On opening day here in ohio, i went out to my favorite stand and saw this buck, he was running a line of rub trees that was about sixty yards away from my stand. i had not got a chance to put out corn yet this year so he never came in that night. That week i put out corn like i always do at my stands. With high hopes i climbed into my treestand on a chilly sunday afternoon, october fourth was the date. Two of my buddies were huntin in my other stands, so we were really hoping someone would get a shot at some horns. at about 4:45 i got a text from one of my friends, and he had shot his first deer ever, with a bow at 40 yards! It was already a successful night for me because my friend shot his first deer in my stand!

while i was texting my friend about his deer, i look up to see two bucks coming straight to my stand from about 40 yards. My heart jumped into my throat. With shakey hands i put away my phone and grabbed my bow, preparing to draw. The buck went past the corn at 18 yards in front of my stand, and behind some brush. i took this opertunity to draw. the buck turned to come back to the corn,, and when he stopped broadside, my bowtech admiral sent a trophy ridge undertaker through both lungs.. i watched the buck run, then slow to a trot, then i heard him crash just out of sight. the next text my friend recieved was "i just smoked a nice 8 pt.!!!!"

he was only a 2 and a half year old deer, and i probably shouldve passed on him, but this is by far the biggest ive ever killed with gun or bow, and i couldnt be any more proud of this buck.. takin him to the taxidermist soon

piketon_hunter#9 11-06-2009 08:12 AM

by the way, im on the left lol

The Deer Destroyer 11-06-2009 02:14 PM

Congrats on a nice buck! Another nice Ohio buck down!

IL-Cornfed 11-06-2009 03:18 PM

Congrats on your first bow buck, great job!

MeanV2 11-06-2009 03:27 PM

Congrats!! That first one is always special!

Dan

BOWHUNTER818 11-06-2009 03:31 PM

I wish my first bow buck looked like that..CONGRATS!!

-NICK

bigtim6656 11-06-2009 03:47 PM

congrats. I hope i get my first this year. Even if it is a doe

piketon_hunter#9 11-06-2009 04:22 PM

thanks everyone.. big tim it will come, ive bow hunted for four years and i got my first bow kill last year. i ended up killing three does with my bow last year... once the first one goes down and that pressure is off your back, it seems to go smoother, or at least it did for me. but there is definitely nothing like harvesting a whitetail with a bow.

my7pointmonster 11-07-2009 05:05 AM

Sweet deer man, good genetics for sure

Ryan.

dpj1030 11-07-2009 08:27 AM

DANG i thought you were gonna claim that you jumped outta ya tree and choked him out wit those big A$$ arms of yors.