Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late >

first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late

Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default first buck with a bow, early october, im a little late

On opening day here in ohio, i went out to my favorite stand and saw this buck, he was running a line of rub trees that was about sixty yards away from my stand. i had not got a chance to put out corn yet this year so he never came in that night. That week i put out corn like i always do at my stands. With high hopes i climbed into my treestand on a chilly sunday afternoon, october fourth was the date. Two of my buddies were huntin in my other stands, so we were really hoping someone would get a shot at some horns. at about 4:45 i got a text from one of my friends, and he had shot his first deer ever, with a bow at 40 yards! It was already a successful night for me because my friend shot his first deer in my stand!

while i was texting my friend about his deer, i look up to see two bucks coming straight to my stand from about 40 yards. My heart jumped into my throat. With shakey hands i put away my phone and grabbed my bow, preparing to draw. The buck went past the corn at 18 yards in front of my stand, and behind some brush. i took this opertunity to draw. the buck turned to come back to the corn,, and when he stopped broadside, my bowtech admiral sent a trophy ridge undertaker through both lungs.. i watched the buck run, then slow to a trot, then i heard him crash just out of sight. the next text my friend recieved was "i just smoked a nice 8 pt.!!!!"

he was only a 2 and a half year old deer, and i probably shouldve passed on him, but this is by far the biggest ive ever killed with gun or bow, and i couldnt be any more proud of this buck.. takin him to the taxidermist soon
Old 11-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

by the way, im on the left lol
Old 11-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a nice buck! Another nice Ohio buck down!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first bow buck, great job!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!! That first one is always special!

Dan
Old 11-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish my first bow buck looked like that..CONGRATS!!

-NICK
Old 11-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats. I hope i get my first this year. Even if it is a doe
Old 11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

thanks everyone.. big tim it will come, ive bow hunted for four years and i got my first bow kill last year. i ended up killing three does with my bow last year... once the first one goes down and that pressure is off your back, it seems to go smoother, or at least it did for me. but there is definitely nothing like harvesting a whitetail with a bow.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet deer man, good genetics for sure

Ryan.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

DANG i thought you were gonna claim that you jumped outta ya tree and choked him out wit those big A$$ arms of yors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.