Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
GOt some bad news. >

GOt some bad news.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOt some bad news.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default GOt some bad news.

I went to gander to have them check my draw lenth out. Got the news i was afraid of. It is off by atleast a inch maybe 1 1/2. he said he could fix it no big deal. I asked about my arrows. He said if there long enough they should be ok. There not. I have them cut to match my old arrows. There like 27 1/3or something. Not long enough so i need new arrows. What about the 180 carbon express maxima hunters. Nope i am out 180 bucks for arrows again a month after i bought them
ERRRR. What should i do. I have been shooting like this since i got the bow. Normaly i have my arm bent alittle must be how i never caught it. Should i just leave it and fix it when i buy new arrows, or wait till after season buy new arrows then, or eat the arrows now change the draw lenth and re sight everything
My thought is wait deal with it now. It has been four years whats another month or so. Then get new arrows and fix the draw lenth this spring. I hate to buy new arrows again but what can i do.
On a good note the guy was a big help talked with me alot and even though he was in the archary section he helped me with some muzzleloader questions. I have talked with him before good guy he hunts. I was thinking wow a gander employee that hunts. Who would have thought. Guess they get another inch of robe loosened from around there neck. Much more trouble and i was done with them. But seems there doing better lately
Old 11-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
My thought is wait deal with it now. It has been four years whats another month or so. Then get new arrows and fix the draw lenth this spring. I hate to buy new arrows again but what can i do.

You should get it done Tim. Fix it, IMO. YOU owe it to the animal that you're shooting at to give it the most humane and ethical kill possible.

No offense meant at all, but how many deer have you wounded this year or the last four deer total? Like I said, please don't take offense, not intending to be condescending at all, but I'm just saying: something needs to change.

Eat the cost of the arrows.

Maybe don't buy a full dozen. Maybe buy a 1/2 dozen from somewhere like southshorearcherysupply.com so that it's cheaper for now. You can get a 1/2 dozen GoldTip Expeditions for about $45. Good arrows, you won't notice a difference from what you're shooting now, I promise you that. Maybe buy a little longer arrow as well.

I've found that when I was having spine issues, I went with an inch longer arrow, and it fixed ALOT of my problems.

Fix it Tim. Don't procrastinate and let it wait. To be honest, it should have been dealt with before now.

Here's an idea. Get a camera, nock an arrow, come to full draw and anchor. Take pics from the front, and both sides, and post them up and let us see them.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went back and forth on my answer, and being completely honest, if it was me, I'd be waiting until after season. With another 1.5 inches of draw, LOTS of things are going to change: anchor, sights, new arrows (arrow weight) so you've got a lot of work to do.

This isn't the time to be changing all that stuff. I know you've mentioned it before, but how the hell does all this stuff come out now? Since season started, its been one bow issue after another, ALL things that need to be handled well in advance of the season opener. The treestand is not the place to discover major issues.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by YooperMike
I went back and forth on my answer, and being completely honest, if it was me, I'd be waiting until after season. With another 1.5 inches of draw, LOTS of things are going to change: anchor, sights, new arrows (arrow weight) so you've got a lot of work to do.

This isn't the time to be changing all that stuff. I know you've mentioned it before, but how the hell does all this stuff come out now? Since season started, its been one bow issue after another, ALL things that need to be handled well in advance of the season opener. The treestand is not the place to discover major issues.

Maybe you're right. I was just thinking, that if it were me, I'd change it.

I'd take a week off from hunting and change it but I'd get it set, and have the shop set my draw, peep, and all that good stuff.

I'd shoot with it for a week or so and then get back at it after I'm comfortable again. It's a long season, he can always kill a deer later on. I would just hate to be going to the woods knowing in my head, that this bow isn't set up for me.

It would be a MAJOR confidence issue for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

i would wait till after the season, just my opinion though...
Old 11-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Better short than long. At least you won't be hitting your arm.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess thats why i have not hit it in a long time. I seem to remeber doing it and the guy droped my lenth alittle i did not think it was that much. I think i will wait. Everything is working ok now. Got good groups the other day. Heck i have been shooting like this for four years. My bow season will be over here soon going to muzzleloader soon any way. We will see i am going to go shooting in the next day or so
Old 11-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

you should make the change be it now or after the season. i wouldnt worry so much about the cost of the arrows im sure you can sell then to someone. if they were 1/2" or so longer i would buy them. if you are in the market for a new rest maybe go with one that has an over draw and you can still use them.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wait until season is over as long as you are shooting fine. Post some pics of your form(head to toe) and let some of the knowledgeable people on here give you a second opinion of your DL. Those Gander Mtn. guys are for the most part average joes like most people who happen to shoot, so they got the part in the archery department.(not saying all of them)
Old 11-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

I would wait if you're grouping good now. Ebay those arrows. I've gotten my last few arrow purchases from there trying to save some money. You'll get most of your money back that way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.