Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
WI bucks are getting stupid! >

WI bucks are getting stupid!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WI bucks are getting stupid!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default WI bucks are getting stupid!

Yesterday on my way home from work an ginormous 3.5 + buck ran off of the fairway of a nearby golf course crossed the road right in from of me and stood in the ditch as I slowed down to check it out. This was a 4 oclock in the daylight.

This morning a nice 2.5 eight point ran right through my backyard stood in the acre of pine trees we have, looked around and trotted across the road into the neighbor's yard. This was all while I was drinking my coffee in broad daylight! I am super pumped for tomorrow because i took a personal day off and plan on sitting at my best stand from dark to dark! I think we are hitting the peak of buck movement!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

yea i watched a huge 10 point just stand/lay in the midddle of a large been field for 1-1/2 hours this morning, im guessing there was a doe with him although i never saw her she was probably laying down the whole time.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Friday Friday Friday
Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Spike

sounds pretty smart to me, most people done hunt golf courses, or yards, or off roads into ditches...sounds like them deer will survive the deer seasons... far from stupid
Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

And yet, I hunted everymorning for the last 5 days and 4 of the 5 evenings...I have seen one buck (yesterday morning) and 1 doe last sunday morning. I hunted until 9:15 this morning and saw NOTHING. I usually have at least 2 or 3 bucks running around our farm any given rut morning. I dont' get it. I pulled my cuddeback card this morning just so I could look at all the nice antlers in the dark and I saw me putting the card in, 4 does in 3 days (all between 11pm and 1am) and me taking the card out. It has been out since Oct. 25th. I just don't get it. The only difference is the crp has been mowed, the corn is still standing and there are woods on both sides of this field I am hunting.???????? OH well, I am going to keep sitting and hoping. I am going to try our other farm tonight but I have less confidence in that area. However, I really have little confidence anymore to begin with so less of nothing is still nothing. We'll see.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by earnabuck
And yet, I hunted everymorning for the last 5 days and 4 of the 5 evenings...I have seen one buck (yesterday morning) and 1 doe last sunday morning. I hunted until 9:15 this morning and saw NOTHING. I usually have at least 2 or 3 bucks running around our farm any given rut morning. I dont' get it. I pulled my cuddeback card this morning just so I could look at all the nice antlers in the dark and I saw me putting the card in, 4 does in 3 days (all between 11pm and 1am) and me taking the card out. It has been out since Oct. 25th. I just don't get it. The only difference is the crp has been mowed, the corn is still standing and there are woods on both sides of this field I am hunting.???????? OH well, I am going to keep sitting and hoping. I am going to try our other farm tonight but I have less confidence in that area. However, I really have little confidence anymore to begin with so less of nothing is still nothing. We'll see.

True that i have taking off school because last weekend(halloween) there were a lot of big bucks taken. I havent seen a deer in the last 3 days of hunting! I have 500 acres of ridges and corn fields, its not like im not sitting in the right spot, its like if they are on lockdown!