Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New bow recommends. >

New bow recommends.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New bow recommends.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default New bow recommends.

Thinking about getting a new bow. I shoot a reflex excursion now. Love the bow shoots great and has held up. But i need. (want a new bow for some reason)
Whats do you recommend. I want a top of the line bow. SOmething 300+ fps the fast the better. Thinking a hoyt, mathews, bear or one of the other top brands. I am open to any of them. Thanks
Old 11-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Spike

hoyt is my brand of choice, hoyt new bows for 2010 are awsome, very fast, forgiving and very silent, but to be honest its hard to go wrong with any of the top bows on the market to day.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like reflex but the canned the excursion like the year or two years after i bought mine and could not find one of theres i liked.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bowhuntingfanatic
hoyt is my brand of choice, hoyt new bows for 2010 are awsome, very fast, forgiving and very silent, but to be honest its hard to go wrong with any of the top bows on the market to day.
What hoyt would you recommend they all look so good not sure which one to get. I like hoyt they make the reflex. In fact hoyt is stamped on a few of the parts on mine.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to your local shop and shoot as many bows as you can, pick the one you like the best. Lots of good choices out there, you really cant go wrong with any brand.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MOhunter46
Go to your local shop and shoot as many bows as you can, pick the one you like the best. Lots of good choices out there, you really cant go wrong with any brand.
That would be my advice. Tons of good bows out there nowadays.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best bow in the world is - - - - - my bow.

Not because it's a Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech or Bear, but because it's mine, it fits me, it's a shooter and I kill deer with it.

My point is simple, Tim. We can tell you what we like all day long, but it's not gonna really help you. You've gotta buy what you like, not what we like.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LittleChief
The best bow in the world is - - - - - my bow.

Not because it's a Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech or Bear, but because it's mine, it fits me, it's a shooter and I kill deer with it.

My point is simple, Tim. We can tell you what we like all day long, but it's not gonna really help you. You've gotta buy what you like, not what we like.
Tim...print this and take it with you to the bow shop.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats what i figure you would say. What sucks is the only place with a good selection is gander. Or a 2 hour drive to cabelas and bass pro;. But hey a reason to drive to cabelas. Bye see yopu guys later.
Lol The local shop sells new bear guess i could start there. Maybe hit gander.
GOt time planing on buying one this spring so no need to hurry/
Originally Posted by solocamcan
Tim...print this and take it with you to the bow shop.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

either a hoyt or a bear. i have bear right now and i love it to death. the truth 2 and the lights out are awesome. buuuuut then again the hoyt katera or the hoyt avenger are just the same. i love em all. but the guys are right try your own bows and cc what you like. it yours not ours lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.