Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Look what we found >

Look what we found

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Look what we found

Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Look what we found

I was just getting off of work getting ready to go out hunting. when my brother who was going with me gave me a call. he ran out to his other stand to grab some stuff and meet up with me. when he called he told me he almost stepped on a nice 8pt when it jumped up and went down into the stream. it was just standing there looking at him with its guts hanging out. he asked me what do i do. i told him go back to the truck get ur bow and put it down. he said he couldn't tell if it was shot or hit by a car. by the time he made it back it was laying on the other side of the stream trying to die. he called me back saying he couldn't find it. he found it shortly after talking to me. i then decided i would call the DNR hoping the would put it down for us. we didn't want to waste a tag on it if it was hit by a car. they quickly sent Michigan police out to put it down. they gave me a tag for a highway kill. we went out to go shot it. when we made it back to him it looked like he had expired. the cop threw a stick near him to see if he would move. sure enough he lifted his head. the cop put 2 rounds in his head. we rolled him over to try to see what had happen. someone had made a terrible shot and gut shot him. they pretty much just opened him up. so we got a very nice free deer. i wish i could have got the chance to hunt him at least we put him down a ended his suffering. now i have a lot of good meat and some rattling horns
Attached Thumbnails Look what we found-buck.jpg   Look what we found-buck1.jpg   Look what we found-buck2.jpg  
Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

wow that sucks. Glad you found it. good deer guess you got a free tag and some meat. I asked the property manager what to do if i found one like that one he said kill it call me and i will give you a tag. I found a dead one but it was just bones. Keep the antlers to get a mount and had to get a roadkill tag so it would be legal and such. Was the meat all good.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Fork Horn

yep all the meat is perfect
Old 11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Spike

I have a friend who was driving to a store last night and heard gun shots. The cops shot a deer that was hit, they gave the store manager a tag. There were 11 shots in the deer...in the guts. Glad the law enforcement in your area expires them by head shots.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstockbigblock
I have a friend who was driving to a store last night and heard gun shots. The cops shot a deer that was hit, they gave the store manager a tag. There were 11 shots in the deer...in the guts. Glad the law enforcement in your area expires them by head shots.
he was a bow hunter he had a dxt
Old 11-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hate to see an animal have to suffer. good job doin the right thing and putting him out of his misery. Too bad you couldnt have had the oppurtunity to hunt him.