Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy >

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**UPDATE** wounded deer controversy

Old 11-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Ok the reason is he getting jumped on is because he didnt finish the deer off. If i remember correctly he waited an hour and watched it. He then got down and went and got his buddy. They came back like 2 hours later and realized it was alive and then threw sticks at it. Then came here and asked what to do. Its only common sense, if the deer cant run off, put it out of its misery. No need to let it suffer. Thats why he is getting his a** reamed. Im glad he came back here to see what was all told of him and IF there is a next time he knows what to do.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't care if you've been hunting 5 minutes or 50 years, BASIC COMMON SENSE tells you that an immobilized deer from a spine shot needs finished off ASAP! I can't believe anyone is defending him, well when I see the names off those who are, I guess I can.

I could maybe see getting into a situation where you just didn't have the stomach to finish the job, (new & first deer & all & spine shot deer aren't pretty) but to not even consider the fact that the deer needed finished off...I just can't see it, no matter what your hunting experience.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

should have stuck him again come on man. The very first deer i ever shot was a spine shot and things got ugly but 3 shots and 10 seconds later I had a dead deer. Was it fun? no but i felt like hell watching her strugle so i just kept pluggin.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

my 6 year old knows what to do, i just asked her...and she said shoot it again..or take it to the hospital

as for out there throwin sticks at it...i never saw the original post....good lord..why not shoot it with the stick that goes 200fps with sharp blades on it...even a field tip is better...just something...have a lil respect next time...something died so something else could live....
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just another question as long we have amassed a group of experts, I'm guessing most of you enter the woods with more than one arrow, so why is it that we find it such ghastly way to kill humans yet slitting a wounded deers throat with a knife is an acceptable way to finish them.
I just find a second quick arrow a far safer and humane method of finishing a deer.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Dont ever walk up to your deer with a knife use a bow that think could jar its neck and the knife could slit your wrist it has happend here in illinois and the guy that attempted it is no longer here to hunt.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

1-I spoke to many people and the advice was VARIED. i called my local DEC office and they said LET THE DEER SIT OVER NIGHT and go back the next day

I'm lost for words. If you actually gave them the same story you originally posted here, then you need a better conservation dept. What state are you in?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

And this folks has been nothing but a test of the emergency broadcast system. This is obviously someone pullilng your chain to see what kind of reaction they would get. Go to the deer hunting forum and see a sticky at the top written by forkhorns dad or something like that. I would tend to think he is trying to see what reaction he can get.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by rybohunter
I can't believe anyone is defending him, well when I see the names off those who are, I guess I can.

My thinking as well, Rybo.

It shouldn't have been questioned at all. If you wound something, KILL it QUICKLY and HUMANELY.

Would you really want to lay there with a broken back all night long or would you rather have it ended quickly and humanely?
Old 11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by englum_06
My thinking as well, Rybo.
Would you really want to lay there with a broken back all night long or would you rather have it ended quickly and humanely?
Well, if it really were me lying there, I'd hope to look up and see Halfbakedi420's daughter instead of you. At least that way I'd have a 50/50 chance of going to the hospital instead of being shot again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.