Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
NY activity? Is there any hope? >

NY activity? Is there any hope?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY activity? Is there any hope?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default NY activity? Is there any hope?

Is anyone seeing any activity in NY? I haven't had allot of time to sit in the woods this year so far. But what time I have spent has been horrible . I have only seen 1 deer, and 1 Bobcat. Not even allot of squirrels , I'm ok with the last one, they drive me crazy...lol. I have only seen one scrape. Not a single rub. Are these deer ever going to start moving around??? I'm hoping to get out in the next couple of days again. Whats everyone else in NY seeing? When will the rut ever kick in??
Old 11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

The deer seem to be moving in my area more in the last 2 or 3 days. Before, i wasn't seeing much of anything. The last few days, i have seen a bunch of deer.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

they are really starting to move now even had a couple of smaller bucks grunting up a storm .
Old 11-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default It's Started

On Monday 10/26 I got a nice 8 pt. he was chasing a Doe and I grunted him in to 20 yds
Attached Thumbnails NY activity? Is there any hope?-herbsbuck-1.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

going to head out for a quick afternoon hunt. I dont know, it was a full moon last night, I dont think there is allot of hope.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Another wast of time in the woods today . Went and sat in my ground blind where I have had tons of pictures of deer, late summer to just a couple weeks ago when I took the camera down for a while. I saw NOTHING, again . just 1 squirrel and a mouse that has taken up residence in my blinds rolled up window. I have left the window up so the deer wont think anything of it when it is up. Going to go out in the morning for a couple hours. Something has go to give. Maybe I will start taking some food for the mouse and see if he want to play while I wait for a deer
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

I shot this buck on Halloween...3:45 pm. Bucks are really starting to move.
Attached Thumbnails NY activity? Is there any hope?-chads-deer-2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowtech 300
On Monday 10/26 I got a nice 8 pt. he was chasing a Doe and I grunted him in to 20 yds
I shot oneSaturday the 24th. 5pt. chasing a doe. Had another buck with the 5pt in a stare down. Also saw a buck chasing a doe last night. I know I'll regret shooting a 5pt., but with my schedule and economic situation at had to be done.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Spike

does anybody kno any areas around upstate new york to even hunt at? or any tips for good areas or anything?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JayEsBe
does anybody kno any areas around upstate new york to even hunt at? or any tips for good areas or anything?
Don't know where in up state you are? what towns are you near?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.