Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Doe estrous and doe call question >

Doe estrous and doe call question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe estrous and doe call question

Old 10-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Doe estrous and doe call question

Hey guys, I got a few questions for you. The week of November 9th-15th I have an entire 50 acres to myself to hunt. It will probably be the last time I get a chance to hunt and I will only make it out probably 3 times at the most.

So my question is this, how much will doe estrous and a doe call help my chances of harvesting a buck that week? I know by then the rut will be in full swing here in Michigan so I wasn't sure how much it might help my chances. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
-Joe
Old 10-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was a buck cruising for a doe I would definitely want to investigate. From the time the rut starts to the end I am using these tactics. Good luck.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

they can surely help...

but, do yourself a favor and buy some good FRESH estrous from a good deer farm...leave the stuff on the walmart shelves to collect dust...

run a drag line and hang a couple scent wicks in your lanes around your tree...

i started the fresh estrous stuff last season and im amazed every time it works...ive had numerous bucks hound dog my drag line these past 2 seasons...

its also a rush when you get one to run into calling...i call every hour or so...i start by hitting the can a couple times..then a minute or 2 i rattle and grunt at the same time...

the calling has worked for me the past 3 seasons...im sticking with it...
Old 10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

That will definitely help. My favorite thing this time of year is grunting and rattling. If you use all of these in combination it should help out greatly. Good luck!!!!!