Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

10 to 2

Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Spike

Default 10 to 2

i have all ways heard that 10 to 2 is a time to be in the woods with thr rut coming in, this might sound dumb but if i hunt 10 to 2 what time should i be in the woods before day light or hour after, can someone shead some light on this issue. thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

If you can hack it I'd hunt from sunup til sundown for the next two wks. If your schedule doesn't permit doing that just spend as much time as you can. Doesn't matter if you hunt from 10-2 or 6-6 it's about to happen go when you can and spend as much time as you can in the next few wks.

Dan
Old 10-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mfd1027 View Post
Doesn't matter if you hunt from 10-2 or 6-6 it's about to happen go when you can and spend as much time as you can in the next few wks.

Dan
x2, What he said.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto on the all-day sits. Starting tomorrow, i'm planning for 7 all-dayers in a row, this is the time to be in the woods!
Old 10-30-2009, 05:13 AM
bigcountry

If you can control your scent, anytime is a good time in rut. Problem with sitting on a stand sunup to sundown is your scent will tend to linger. If you got a nice breeze blowing where you want, its works.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by bigcountry View Post
If you can control your scent, anytime is a good time in rut. Problem with sitting on a stand sunup to sundown is your scent will tend to linger. If you got a nice breeze blowing where you want, its works.
I agree 100 %... or if you can change spots will also help with the scent.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fighting a cold right now (need my sleep) so i plan heading out tomorrow around 10 ish till 2 or 3 hopefully ill change spots and maybe head to my friends house to hunt after or maybe finish off the day in a bean field.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

Ya can't kill'em sitting on the couch...unless you have a couch in your hunting blind!

I have the next week off of work [Yipppeeeee!!] and I am going to do my best to sit dawn till dusk every day. Take a backpack in with some food and water and enjoy the woods!
Old 10-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by mfd1027 View Post
If you can hack it I'd hunt from sunup til sundown for the next two wks. If your schedule doesn't permit doing that just spend as much time as you can. Doesn't matter if you hunt from 10-2 or 6-6 it's about to happen go when you can and spend as much time as you can in the next few wks.

Dan
Ditto! I hunt daylight to dark for the 2 weeks preceding slug season here in IL. It will begin soon!!

Dan