Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
IOWA, Wisconsin, Illinois, RUT STATUS >

IOWA, Wisconsin, Illinois, RUT STATUS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IOWA, Wisconsin, Illinois, RUT STATUS

Old 10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default IOWA, Wisconsin, Illinois, RUT STATUS

Been out bow hunting the last few days been seeing deer but no chasing. Shot a little 8 pt sunday with the ML grunted once spun him around and came in jogging other than that not been seeing much action. I think it might be another weeek or so before they start running. What have you been seeing...this post is for Iowa, Wisconsin , and Illinois thanks since im rite on the border of all three!! IA
Old 10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see a huge green glob on the radar thats supposed to dump 3-5 inches of rain on us tonight and tomorrow. Add that with the already saturated ground....its going to be an ugly first 2 weeks of Nov.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Spike

i've only seen one buck and he was trailing a doe.....that was last week.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by solocamcan
I see a huge green glob on the radar thats supposed to dump 3-5 inches of rain on us tonight and tomorrow. Add that with the already saturated ground....its going to be an ugly first 2 weeks of Nov.
It is going to be a wet weekend for sure. I sure hope that rain gear of mine is good to go!
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Went out this morning and seen 7 deer..3 bucks and 2 were chasing. Other than that just been watching it rain all the time.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was out last weekend and saw 2 bucks cruising saturday morning. The 1 acre food plot I was hunting over had 11 scrapes and one forarm sized rub. My dad killed a 195" 18 pointer on saturday night. He saw a total of 9 bucks all were scraping, postureing rubbing. No real chasing yet though. Im off the next week and a half so hopefuly things start kicking in.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by passthru79
I was out last weekend and saw 2 bucks cruising saturday morning. The 1 acre food plot I was hunting over had 11 scrapes and one forarm sized rub. My dad killed a 195" 18 pointer on saturday night. He saw a total of 9 bucks all were scraping, postureing rubbing. No real chasing yet though. Im off the next week and a half so hopefuly things start kicking in.
Have you posted any pics of your dads buck on the forum-i havnt seen any-sorry i got off topic.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm N.E. Iowa. If I could throw a rock over the Miss. River it would hit my home state of Ill. & i'm about 45 min from Ws. Border.
I've seen 5 Bucks in the last week & all have been alone & right at dark. I'm guessing 7-10 days & they will cruising daytime.
All the crops are in around my area & wetter than everything. I didn't go this evening as I would probably get stuck even with my 4 wheel drive Jeep & probably not tomorrow. Over a Mile for me to walk in & since ill be 68 next month just to LAZY to do it.
If it's half way dry (supposed to be nice all next week) I won't be missing many days from now on. The best will be after the 3rd 4th through rest of Nov... Good Luck to all.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen any chasing at all and very few bucks cruising, but I did see a ten point dead on the side of the road on my way to work this morning. Of course on the way home it magically turned into a doe.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

SW Iowa and am seeing alot of rubs and several scrapes showing up in the last few days. Just started seeing bucks out in the daylite hours now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.