Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Any Rutting activity in wisconsin? >

Any Rutting activity in wisconsin?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any Rutting activity in wisconsin?

Old 10-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Any Rutting activity in wisconsin?

Just wondering if i could try rattling or grunting tonight? anything on the rut yet?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I rattled one in yesterday morning, you are only a few days away from chasing, I think rattling is definately in the bag of tricks now, I only grunt when I see a deer that isn't walking toward me, remember to rattle and stop and wait because deer will see that movement if you rattle too long.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Spike

I'm wondering if this warm weather is going to shut them down for a bit. Had 50's today and more of the same tomorrow. Personally, I'm hoping it will, because my vacation starts next Monday!

I sat in some oaks yesterday and had 6 does and fawns feeding around me at about 45 minutes before dark. No buck activity though.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

sat tonight here in central wi. it was real warm 50, then kinda cooled down. best night had maybe ever......saw 4 nice 1s,,,, and hopefully the nicest 1 i saw will be in my hands tomorrow morning when i go to look for him!!! he came in chasin 2 does full boar...he was no 1.5 yr old either, brute 3.5!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Spike

Rattling has been working for a week or so now, bucks are starting to chase does and makes scrapes and rubs.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

So far I have seen 5 different bucks chasing does. Most were just horny 1 1/2 year old bucks, two were probably 2 1/2 year old. I'm not saying the does are standing I'm saying the bucks are chasing.