Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Worth going out??? >

Worth going out???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Worth going out???

Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love hunting the T's (10-2). With the right moon, this can be some of the besting hunting you ever had. Also, once the rut really gets going, there is no bad time to be in the woods. Just remember that mid day hunts are different that first and last light hunts. You won't hunt the same spots, try to get close to known bedding areas and food sources with good cover. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also, I've found that one those mid-day hunts, ridges can be very productive. With the bucks up cruising, they'll be running ridges scent-checking the does from a distance. Last year, biggest buck I had an encounter with (and subsequently got busted drawing) was at 11:45 on Nov. 11. Mid-day during the rut can be unreal, and you can get surprised by a buck VERY easily...take my word for that one.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

No one else has mentioned the benefit of the other hunters entering/exiting the woods during the times you will be sitting putting on a free deer drive for ya. Ive shot two nice bucks inbetween those 10-2 hrs.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

sumtimes they move and sometimes they dont, but i stay all day n e waz
Old 10-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I just read a stat in a hunting magazine that something like 15% of hunters polled out of B&C record entries killed their buck during the mid day hours of 11-3. Not bad odds I guess
Old 10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

to me it is worth going in anytime any temp any weather. there is allways that chance. If your not there your screwed. GO for it. I have before. Normaly i go in early i am lucky only time i am limited is during school times which are only tuesday and thursday.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Spike

Absolutely!! Last year (Nov 6th--election day) I got to my spot at 8:35. i hung up the bow and was hanging my pack and a rather large 9pt walks right through. I was able to grunt him back after he walked away, but unfortunately missed him at 7 yds which is a different story altogether