Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Wildcattting with fieldpoints- SARCASM >

Wildcattting with fieldpoints- SARCASM

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wildcattting with fieldpoints- SARCASM

Old 10-24-2009, 07:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default Wildcattting with fieldpoints- SARCASM

Just to bring the .223 and .22-250 debate into the relm of archery, would a field point that has been worked down to the point that it has metal edges like a broadhead be adequate for harvesting deer. I know it is all about shot placement. Heck a plain feild point in the double lung or peircing a heart will do the job as well as a RAGE. A feild point through the ear or in the eye socket will anchor that deer in their tracks. Now granted you are probably on the Chinese Olympic team that shot in Beijing last summer if you can make these shots, but it is un-educated game officials that make rules limiting the use of feild points as viable hunting tackle for deer. We need a SARCASM Smiley cause I am sure someone is gonna read this and take me seriously.

Seriously this is the crap going on in the other forum by gun hunters trying to justify using marginal equipment in the feild to get their 6,7 and 8 year old kid in the woods.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

hard to believe that someone would use a field point to hunt deer...hogs or anything else at that...which forum are you talkin bout, i looked all over.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by teedub31
Just to bring the .223 and .22-250 debate into the relm of archery, would a field point that has been worked down to the point that it has metal edges like a broadhead be adequate for harvesting deer. I know it is all about shot placement. Heck a plain feild point in the double lung or peircing a heart will do the job as well as a RAGE. A feild point through the ear or in the eye socket will anchor that deer in their tracks. Now granted you are probably on the Chinese Olympic team that shot in Beijing last summer if you can make these shots, but it is un-educated game officials that make rules limiting the use of feild points as viable hunting tackle for deer. We need a SARCASM Smiley cause I am sure someone is gonna read this and take me seriously.

Seriously this is the crap going on in the other forum by gun hunters trying to justify using marginal equipment in the feild to get their 6,7 and 8 year old kid in the woods.

ummmm, okay , I don't know how you want us to respond? I would never advocate using a "wildcatted" fieldpoint to hunt deer and I'm sure no other experienced bowhunter would either. Is that what you are looking for?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was hunting with a 270 at 7 lol Killed my first deer with a 7mag at 9. suck it up kids...
Old 10-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

As long as it's sharp.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah not sure how to respond either. Most state require about a 7/8" cutting diameter to be legal anyways. Could a field tip kill, sure, but good luck finding it. WCL
Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Obviously I was less then clear. The thread was just a sarcastic thread mirroring the threads in the deer hunting forum advocating the use of marginal hunting equipment like a 223 or a 22-250 to ethically harvest deer. They are advoacting neck and head shots with that iun the hands of a pro will get the job done, but in the hands of inexperienced youths is a recipe for disaster. There was even one post that said a 22LR is more then adequate as it is used in slaughter houses to put cattle down. REALLY!!!!!!!

I honestly thought that putting SARCASM in the title and in the post would be enough to let readers in on the fact that I was not serious.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idk I always though it would be cool to hit one with a claymore mine but I wouldn't ever bring it up in a post. Also a mini gun vs a heard of deer but like I said I'd never post my thoughts on those 2 items......

Ryan.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Spike

I know your trying to prove a point but i think its a horrible way to go about it. yes, a rifle in the 200 range will kill a deer. Its all about expansion and placement. A little weak.....maybe. but nonetheless it can easily be done. dumb post dude
Old 10-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Dominant Buck

I think your penetration (or, lack thereof) would surprise you shooting FP's at deer sized animals.

Firearms kill with blount trauma. Arrows kill by producing hemorhaging.