Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
how do you guys get prepared? >

how do you guys get prepared?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how do you guys get prepared?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Spike

Default how do you guys get prepared?

whats your system of scent control before the hunt?
Old 10-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scent Away, coon urine on boots, up in a tree, and good to go.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Check wind direction and then decide where I will hunt accordingly.

Dan
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Spike

sounds good. also, whats your system before you get to the field (still at home)
Old 10-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

I just put my hunting clothes out in the sun/wind for a day or 2 before I hunt, and get up high enough in the tree. I don't think I have been busted because of my scent yet, although I am still quite new to this.

I also try to not get sweaty heading into the stand...better to be cold walking in and warm when in the stand.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I spray down head to toe with scent killer. I wash all my clothes with scent free/killer soap. I take a bath in the scent killer body wash. i store all my clothes in a tot. Then change at the field. I have had deer down wind of me and not even think i was there. one time it was two does and the next 4 does and a button buck
Old 10-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
I spray down head to toe with scent killer. I wash all my clothes with scent free/killer soap. I take a bath in the scent killer body wash. i store all my clothes in a tot. Then change at the field. I have had deer down wind of me and not even think i was there. one time it was two does and the next 4 does and a button buck

amen to that..
ever since i became SUPER disciplined about my scent and invested in some scent blocker gear.. my sighting on deer and other odd animals has quadrupled..

we are talking about deer conducting a deer union meeting 20 ft underneath my feet,, talk about the feeling of being pinned to your stand...
Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wet my finger and hold it up to determine wind direction. Then I pick a spot based on wind direction. The only scent control I do is so I don't have to sit there and smell myself.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Clothes are washed in baking soda and hung on the line to dry and air out. I shower with scent away. Usually put clothes on when I get to my spot (definitely when I take the wifes vehicle, I don't want to smell like a french fry in the stand) Play the wind when I get out there.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Wash clothes with Dead Down Wind, dry with DDW...wash with scent control before doing the switch and removal from the drier. Watch the weather night before, and morning to determine gameplan. Shower with DDW,....and put on base layer scent control. Once parked, spray head to toe scent control on base layer, and then put on the outer layer. Take one last swig of coffee, lite up a smoke, and walk in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.