Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting public land with a camper >

Hunting public land with a camper

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting public land with a camper

Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting public land with a camper

I am thinking about hunting outa state next year. I am going to buy a Small camper to take with me to save on the accomindation expenses. Any one do this and can give me so me advice.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Spike

Thats a great idea. My dad and I often go out of state for hunts and bring our camper. What we do is try to talk to the locals around the area or look for campsites that are close to public land but are most likely by now closed. If you talk to the people around the area you would be suprised how willing they are to allow you to park your camper on their land or campsite even if they are closed. We have even got permission on peoples hunting land just by taking the time to talk to them.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Spike

just make sure the state you'll be hunting in allows campers in the hunting area..........here in maryland so do and some don't
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Camper is a great way to go. Us bow hunters should take showers fairly often and thats the only real downfall of having a small camper.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

We figure we can stay in a lot of hotels before we pay the price of one camper.

We just walk away from the room. A lot to be said for a warm room, shower, and not having to take care of it at all.

I stay in a house in one place, has no water,power and the only heat is a wood stove, I really don't like it. Hard enough being gone.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use my camper, but only because I have one. Last year was only one trup, we'll see how this year goes, I have 3 weekends potentially.