Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
30 inches of rain >

30 inches of rain

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

30 inches of rain

Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 30 inches of rain

I hear some of you guys complaining about the rain. It's been rediculous down here also. We got 14 inches the last two weeks of September. We have gotten 16 inches so far in October. I can't ever remember this much rain this time of year. Luckily my property doesn't flood. Despite the weather, I'm seeing deer. Maybe not as much as normal, but I'm still seeing some. I've been able to get two does so far. With all the rain, you can imagine how the mosquitoes are down here. They are horrible. Thank God for Thermacell. If not for it, I probably wouldn't be bow hunting this season. Hang in there. The weather will get better.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Theres a BIG difference between Louisiana and Illinois....you don't have 3/4 of your state with standing corn, which is used by deer to hide and bed in just like regular "timber". And with the rain, the farmers can't get in to harvest, so until it dries out here, it pretty much sucks. I am spoiled I guess, I am used to seeing lots of deer, Ive been 3 days in a row, and have yet to see a deer from my stand. This same stand Ive hunted for the last 8 years because it is so productive. I guess I need to find a different location until the corn is out.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

imagine if it was snow...holy cow dude, 30 feet worth!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by superstrutter
With all the rain, you can imagine how the mosquitoes are down here.
The freeze we had last week killed off the skeeters, now if the crops would start to come out.......