Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire damage

Old 10-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Spitfire damage

I shot this doe yesterday evening with a 100 grain Spitfire. There are a few non believers of Spitfires. All I can say is, I believe in them. To the guy who said they don't hold up well, this is my second doe of the year, shot with the same arrow and Spitfire broadhead. I just cleaned the broadhead after the first deer and it worked perfect. I just got finished cleaning and sharpening it again. It's in perfect shape and ready to kill a third deer. The first two pics are of the entry wound and the next two the exit wound.
Attached Thumbnails Spitfire damage-100_1103.jpg   Spitfire damage-100_1105.jpg   Spitfire damage-100_1104.jpg   Spitfire damage-100_1107.jpg  
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, that's what I'll be using!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I used to use the same head (Spitfire 100s) and had pretty good luck with them. The only time I had a problem was when I shot a buck in the throat/neck and one of the blades didn't open. It was a new head too. I have since switched to the Rage 2-blade, but the Spitfire is my second choice. IMO, mechanical over fixed any day!