Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
What would you like to see in a hunting DVD >

What would you like to see in a hunting DVD

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default What would you like to see in a hunting DVD

My buddy and I are looking at making a hunting DVD this winter break. We live in NE WI and can hunta metro unit until the end of break. We want to make a no nonsense, no baiting, public and private land alike sort of video. We'll have a few weeks to put together some footage and plan on doing mostly bow hunting for deer, but also maybe some coyote and rabbit hunting as well. We plan on adding all sorts of tips about late season hunting and just giving it a real joe six pack kind of feel. What sort of stuff would you guys want to see in a video like this? Anything in particular that would make this more appealing? Thanks for anything you can suggest, we probably won't market it but we'll hafta see how it goes, maybe we'll put together a trailer and put it up on here and see if there's any interest.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ME!
Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to see the actual tree stand set ups. Pan back,and show the tree,and the stands in the tree. And then I would like to see more blood trailing instead of, "look, he is right over there".
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Guys who actually hunt the way most of us do. None of this " we are on Joe Bob outfitters 3000 acre exclusive farm" Then Mr. Joe Bob tells them where to setup and what time that old Buck will show up. I want to see some guys get permission to hunt in thier local community, scout it out, setup stands and HUNT !!!!!!

Dave
Old 10-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer
Guys who actually hunt the way most of us do. None of this " we are on Joe Bob outfitters 3000 acre exclusive farm" Then Mr. Joe Bob tells them where to setup and what time that old Buck will show up. I want to see some guys get permission to hunt in thier local community, scout it out, setup stands and HUNT !!!!!!

Dave
X2 I totally agree.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

The truth,

Why a stand is where it is.

Time frame from shot to recovery and why. (see recovery thread at top of page)

If a bad shot is taken, say so and why one would wait.

I know ALL videos do cut aways. Make them real, no acting, no faking.

The Drury's are famous for rattling in a cut away and adding it before a buck walks in when the reality is, no rattling took place. The Kiski's do it too. It's fake and viewers can tell, at least I can.

Be real, tell it like it is.

NO FENCES!
Old 10-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep em coming. There will be no outfitters and no fences, that's for sure. I won't ever hunt high or low fence and we have no money for outfitters, and that's not what this video is about. We'd like to try and get permission from some locals to hunt, not sure how well it's going to go that late in the season, but we're going to give it a shot. There would be no video of that for respect of the landowners and to up our chances of getting on the land (might seem kind of fishy showing up to ask for permission with a camera rolling), but we will definitely be mentioning the video, maybe offer a copy as some incentive.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Schobs
We plan on adding all sorts of tips about late season hunting .
I'd be interested in this. I would much rather watch an educational video than a " the boys went hunting" video.

Teach me something and show it in detail on video how you did it and I'll fork out a few clams to view it.

I can watch all the hunting I want on TV. Unfortunately these shows never teach anything.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anything other than another farm raised deer killed on another manicured food plot from a tree stand set on the edge of that food plot.

Why you are doing what you are doing that day.
Slow motion of the impact of the arrow or bullet.
Actual blood trailing and what type of blood/hit you are following.
No reenactments.
No fake excitement.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

Weather and how it affects the hutning, when and where the best time to hunt it is accordingly.

I agree stand placement and which direction it should be set according to light, wind, sightline of the deer, where they would be coming from.

Signs that deer are in the area, why they are there.

And lastly, what types of terrain they bed in and signs of bedding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.