Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sick...Do you hunt? >

Sick...Do you hunt?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sick...Do you hunt?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sick...Do you hunt?

So I've been battling something (I think it's the flu) since Sunday. It sidelined my hunting last night (not Monday, though), and I'm still not great today (still have chills and aches). However, the forecast is decent today, and crappy as the week concludes. Today may be the best day weather wise for the rest of the week. Assuming you're not deathly ill, do you guys still hunt or stay home?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

I usually go about my routine unless I can't hold anything down.

Hunt on!
Old 10-14-2009, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Agree.

If you can hold the bow steady and nothing is coming out either end of you - I'd go.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

First deer I killed, 36 years ago, I was sick as a dog. Surprised when he walked up since I was coughing and wheezing to beat the band.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Runny nose, sore throat, coughs...whatever. I'll still go out. Just use your judgement. If you're so sick it's not going to be enjoyable then stay home.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going. Need to man up
Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

With the best hunting still ahead of me I'd probably sacrifice a few days now to get rid of it. If it was Nov.1 I'd have to hunt on. There's nothing worse than getting sick during hunting season. Take care of it.

Dan
Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Last year,I was getting ready for the rut,and I needed to go out and move a couple of stands. It was the day before I was going to be able to hunt the whole weekend. I was not feeling all that well, very dizzy,and very short of breath. But I "had" to get those stands moved. I had to stop and sit down aboout every 5 minnutes or so. Anyways, I got done, and made it home. I was pissed because I was way to sick to hunt the weekend. Monday I ended upin the ER, and ended up spending a week in the hospital with bleeding ulcers, (2 of the 10 they found were bleeding)Ended up having a blood transfusion, I was 2 leters low. I kept telling the Dr's every day,that I HAD to get out,becuse I was missing the rut. Dont think the bought it.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

I will hunt unless I had a serious cough. I can stand snot running down my face but coughing I might as well stay in. I would do more harm than good.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early season like this...I would sit it out. If the calendar turned November...I would be out regardless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.