Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game cam vids

Old 10-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Game cam vids

Just curious on what you guys think about these 2 deer? I will tell you all my thoughts after I read some of the responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQaltRaZmk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d22GCH6KcjA
Old 10-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Both are shooters for me! Nice vids!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

No question, I wold shoot them, those are very big deer compared to whats around me. If we could just get the people around us to stop shooting bucks until they are bigger, we might have some like that around here.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
Spike

The 8 looks really nice, don't think i would be able to pass him up if he walked by my stand. I would give the 9 another year or 2 tho.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Yea, I like the big guy in that video that shows two bucks. The other video with the single 9-pointer, if it was early season I might consider holding out. Late season and with no tags filled - he would be hanging from the gambrel.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the responses guys. Truth is, we saw both of these deer last year and they have put on about 7-10" a piece. I believe they are both 3.5 year olds and have a lot more potential.

The 9 was just a clean 8 last year with very list mass, but had a good frame. He looks to have great potential this year with small kickers starting on each g2 and nice frame. We will definately let him walk this year and probably next. I believe he has great potential to be a fantastic trophy.

The tall 8 point has added tine length and mass, but still has short brow tines. Last year his brow tines were almost non existant and this year they might be 1" long. He also has a small g4 starting on his left side. He will definately be a nice deer next year, but I don't think he will ever be a jaw dropper. If given the chance we might take him with a bow. More than likely, we will let him walk as well and see what he can offer next year.