Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new york

Old 10-15-2009, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

As luck would have it (once again) some moron decided to schedule the VFW Fall Conference for this weekend. I will unfortunately be in Albany for the first day, but will be home in time to spend the afternoon in the woods on Sunday.

I came out the front door Monday morning (around 6 AM) to see four deer in my wife's flower garden (10 yards from the front deck). Then, yesterday morning I walked out to find a doe and this year's baby standing so close to the deck that I wouldn't have needed arrows. I could have just beat her on the head with the bow. Hope the big boys are around next week!!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sapcpo
I'll be out sat am! maybe snow in southern tier of NY. Winter storm watch tonight!
Can't wait.
I have seen scapes and a few rubs
Awesome that should move the deer.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

LET IT SNOW!!! But I think its just going to be a dusting at this point. Time will tell. 1 more day all.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

Well the ground is covered with snow. Now just have to hope we still end up with some still on the ground tomorrow morning.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

My girlfriends cousin that plays for the NY Giants is taking me out there on their day off when we go visit. Growing up in Wisconsin, I never really thought of New York having hunting land (big city picture). How is it out there?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Spike

tomaros gonna be a great day in oswego county
Old 10-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Spike

OMG!!!111!!!11
I can't wait till morning!
We have about 3" of fresh snow on the ground this morning and they are calling for up to 4" more by tomorrow!

Visibility will be reduced in the woods but the deer will be active! I hope my lanes are clear enough to compensate for the added weight of the snow on the canopy...
Old 10-16-2009, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

I cant wait for tomorrow. I wont be able to sleep tonight. In the southern tier we have about 3 inches of snow and 4 to 5 more on the way. Its gonna be great opening morning.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Woohoo! SNOW!! We only got about an inch here in the Finger Lakes, but it is stuck to everything. Saw the deer out and moving this morning and they stand out like a sore thumb in the white! It is funny seeing all of the snow on the trees with all of the leaves still on!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sportsman22
My girlfriends cousin that plays for the NY Giants is taking me out there on their day off when we go visit. Growing up in Wisconsin, I never really thought of New York having hunting land (big city picture). How is it out there?
There is allot of nice woods in NY state. NY is far from just all city. Snow is all gone. Not looking like we will have any for opening morning. I'm a little nerves for shotting now, for some reason the last two days I haven't been shooting that well. I had been shooting pretty good, and was happy with my performance. Now for some reason I'm all over the place when shooting at about 40 yards.. Good luck tomorrow fellow NY'rs shoot straight............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.