Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fraustrating!

Old 10-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Spike

Default Fraustrating!

Went out Sunday evening around 4:30. Got to my spot 15 later about 30 minute later three does walked in. I shot one thought i missed so I didnt go get my arrow right away when I did noticed blood. Went this morning found a blood trail but no deer that would of been my first deer ever. I wish it would of turned out better oh well I guess. Ill just try it again tomorrow morning.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

prolly oughta get bak out there and search some more, i notice the blood dies down and will pick bak up after 20 yrds or so maybe 50 sumtimes. but the dog can find it easy.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by deerhunter421
Went out Sunday evening around 4:30. Got to my spot 15 later about 30 minute later three does walked in. I shot one thought i missed so I didnt go get my arrow right away when I did noticed blood. Went this morning found a blood trail but no deer that would of been my first deer ever. I wish it would of turned out better oh well I guess. Ill just try it again tomorrow morning.

"oh well"

Not the right answer!

You need a dictionary!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Spike

Just had the same problem with not much blood and no dog, found the deer keep looking thats such a waste if you dont give it your all. I didnt stop trying last night then got lost, get back to the blood and bring some friends. Make sure to search in the daylight hours. Just a personal experience.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

OH WELL, not a very good attitude for a hunter. You have to give it your best effort possible to recover an animal. Give as much after the shot as you do before the shot.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think someone needs to read the After the shot recovery thread....