Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
All in all a great hunting day >

All in all a great hunting day

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

All in all a great hunting day

Old 10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default All in all a great hunting day

Even though I didnt harvest an animal, it was an adrenaline filled day from 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset!

I tried a new spot with my climber, down in a ravine with a creek bottom with penty of tracks showing that they are crossing at the at area. At twighlight I heard two moving deer in the distance, and began to try their attention by tickeled my rack, did slow bleats, but they didnt respond to anything. By sunrise I did see a nice 8 pt and if there werent so many leaves on the trees still at this time of year I may have taken the forty yard shot.

Rain set in so i climbed down and decided to move a camera and take my climber to a different location for an afternoon hunt. As I stopped with the camera, I hear definate movemenet about 30 yards in the woodline. I quickly got comoed out and did a stalk on them as they were trying to bed. Once i saw it was two small does, I let them bed.

My afternoon hunt was on the edge of a soybean field with a 100 acre bedding area bordering it. I decided to set up where they would be traveling to the soybeans for their evening feed. Not one came out before legal shooting hours. I ended up staying an extra hour to climb down so not to blow my cover.

See, you dont have to harvest an animal to hunt, it was an action packed day. even with the flu!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

I hope they start coming out a little earlier for you. Good luck