Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Generic Scent-Loc Question?? >

Generic Scent-Loc Question??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Generic Scent-Loc Question??

Old 10-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Generic Scent-Loc Question??

I watch all the hunting shows and fast forward to the shots but 90% of these guys stroll outside of the camp fully dressed in Scent-Loc and smelling of smoke and bacon and hop into a pick-up truck to go hunting.

My understanding was that Scent-Loc/Carbon clothing was designed to keep human odor from escaping and does nothing for the exterior fabric. I don't use Scent-Loc but I always put on my final layers on away from the MV.

Are guys who wear this stuff on the way to hunt just carrying in lots of stink in with them anyway and have they negated any possible benifits???
Old 10-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd assume most of the big name guys have endorsements with Camo Companies. They wear the product all the time in the video's and show's. I'd doubt that they hunt in the same clothes, but thier big name sponosors don't pay that kinda money to see the guys walk around camp in T-shirts and sweat pants.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont use scent lok (too expensive) but I dont get dressed at home. I get dressed once im in the field
Old 10-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

i started using scent lock a few seasons ago...

when i started using it, i quit wearing my gear till i was parked...kind of a pain in the rear...and gotta get up even earlier...but, my gear stays as scent free as possible...inside and out...and i spray as im getting dressed outside...

i keep everything stored in a plastic container...not IDEAL because its not air tight, but its alot better than nothing and i keep it in the garage away from any real odors..

like you said, wearing the stuff in the house and in the truck and around the farm or whatever makes it as useless as anything else...

i dont know if the stuff works...but i'll continue with what im doing as it seems to be working...my first season i got winded by more deer than i seen...i was wearing my camo in the house(not scent lock) and to the farm before and after hunts, and in the truck and small game or turkey hunting etc...all the spray in the world couldnt fix my mess lol....